Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Put one of these in your 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
championgt1
biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Dr. Roger
Schwing!!!!!!!

piratenanner.gif
turnaround89
That has to be the most EVIL looking engine ever. Id roll it!!!!! drooley.gif
Todd Enlund
Lavender plug wires and fuschia blowoff valves???
dw914er
damn!!!!!!!!!!! details!!! details!!!

btw, got boost? lol
melnyk
who needs decklids
VaccaRabite
What is that supposed to fit into? Will that cram into a 911 bay? It would be way to tall for a 914. I've never seen a stock TT, so that may just be how they look. Dunno.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Aug 25 2008, 03:50 AM) *

Lavender plug wires and fuschia blowoff valves???

I went to Corvettes at Carlisle this past weekend, and one of the vendors in the swap meet had several transmission cases, all painted weird colors, including purple, blue, red, and something that looked a lot like Ravenna Green. Definitely a WTF moment.
nsr-jamie
Wow, what is that, some dune buggy engine? Cool !! I'd love to see that in a 914...would it even fit?
Sleepin
Just cut some holes in the rear quarters with turbos sticking out on either side of the car.....it would scare me off from wanting to race against it!
championgt1
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 25 2008, 05:30 AM) *

What is that supposed to fit into? Will that cram into a 911 bay? It would be way to tall for a 914. I've never seen a stock TT, so that may just be how they look. Dunno.

Zach

Twin turbo 700hp. This motor is in a fabcar tubeframe boxster. The car is for sale on PCA.org.

Boxster=914. Come on it will fit. piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
r_towle
Turbos would hit the suspension ears, so you would need all new muffler setup.
Intercoolers would also not fit...but its just plumbing...go for it!!!!

How much for the whole car?

Rich
championgt1
$175,000 with that motor!!! wacko.gif
roadster fan
The engine has coil-on-plug so the lavender wires must be for something besides plugs. There are some differences I see in the case on this one compared to my Boxster S case, so I think it is built on a 996 but they are very similiar.

That being said, it is not just a matter of plumbing since the engine is too wide, with the coil-on-plug hitting the suspension ear. Ask me how I know sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif See pic below.

The intercoolers are gonna be way too high also but you would need them in cool air anyway so sticking out of the engine bay may work biggrin.gif

It would be crazy tight trying to make all the turbo stuff fit under the car in a 914, but it would be FUN. Maybe a single turbo with a water to air intercooler idea.gif

Thanks for posting the pic, that is not something you don't see everyday......unless you have $175k laugh.gif

attachmentid=154028]

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.