Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Computer Techie Request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
Can anyone help me find a TIF to PDF converter application? Hopefully there is some freeware available?

Please post a link or send a PM.

Thanks

Eddie
Brando
Post the file, i will convert it.

I free programs? I don't know.

Photoshop can do it, though.
ericread
Take a look at Docudesk.com. I thought they had a freeward PDF creator. Actually, take a look at GOOGLE and search on "free pdf creator". Quite a few responses come up.

Eric Read
bryanc
tiff2pdf can do it in a unix/linux environment. There is probably ports to windows with cygwin and the like.
ArtechnikA
is this a one-off of a few documents or something you need to automate for repeated, volume production?

OpenOffice is free.

The Word processor can import TIFs and create PDF's.
Lavanaut
Get CutePDF Writer, then "Print" the .tif from your .tif viewing program (I use IrfranView) selecting CutePDF Writer as your printer. Select a target file location and you're done, zero dollars spent.

CutePDF Writer is a very useful little tool.
KaptKaos
Primo PDF is similar to cute, with an easier to use interface IMO.

www.download.com is your friend.
Eddie914
I picked up an new (used old) Ricoh IS-420 SCSI document scanner for $120. I needed a 20+ page per minute scanner and really did not want to spent $750 to $1000 on a new scanner right now to reduce the paper bulk in my tax preparation business that I started last fall (I started my own practice after many years with a local firm).

The scanner did not come with any scanning software so I'm using Microsoft Office Document Scanning and it only saves to TIF and MDI. I find that PDF is more universally accepted so I was hoping to be able to find a free converter.

I scan documents like questionaires, bank statements, IRS forms, etc.

My scans are commonly 50 to 100 pages.

I'm just going to send the stuff off today in TIF.

Thanks

Eddie
wilchek
pdf995 is the best free pdf converter. It is a two part downlaod, but once you install in 3 miutes it is good to go. What it does is install a print driver that converts to PDF instead of printing. So anything you can print it will convert to pdf. Click print choose pdf995 and a save dialog box will appear. easy as can be. I work in IT and have used this hundreds of times with hundreds of users it is a good easy program. http://www.pdf995.com. Click on download at top of page and download and install the first two downloads (print driver and converter).
Eddie914
Thanks,

I did not even think of using a PDF printer (I use both CutePDF and Bullzip regularly). I just tried printing from Microsoft Office Imaging and it worked great. One extra step but the price is right.

Of course MS would never think of being able to save to a competitor's (Adobe) format.

I can find lots of converters with free DOWNLOADS ... but then you have to pay to activate. The developers need to feed their children too.

Thanks

Eddie
stepuptotheMike
QUOTE(Eddie914 @ Aug 25 2008, 08:11 PM) *

Thanks,

I did not even think of using a PDF printer (I use both CutePDF and Bullzip regularly). I just tried printing from Microsoft Office Imaging and it worked great. One extra step but the price is right.

Of course MS would never think of being able to save to a competitor's (Adobe) format.

I can find lots of converters with free DOWNLOADS ... but then you have to pay to activate. The developers need to feed their children too.

Thanks

Eddie

Actually, Office 2007 has a free plugin from Microsoft that allows you to export/save as PDF. I use it all the time with documents I create.

-Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.