Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Trip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joea9146
We are planning a trip to No. CA would like some input.....
we are going to be there for a week Saturday to Saturday.... planing on starting in SanFrancisco and ending in SF. Would like to make a large circle... would like to see the Sequoia forest and some of the other National Parks in the area.
Any suggestions on places to see, stay, and routes would be appreciated.
We Plan on spending the 1st 2 days in SF then leaving from there. Our return flight also leaves form SF so we have to loop
back to SF.....
Thanks
vortrex
to the north, muir woods is a nice park to visit, you can see some giant redwoods. if you're into hiking you can go from there via trail out to the coast and end up at stinson beach. that's about a 11 mile hike round trip I believe. you can also easily drive to muir woods, check it out, and head to stinson beach.

17 mile drive and big sur is something you might want to check out in the south. that's about 2.5hrs directly south from SF. that's a great drive if you take highway 1 the whole way along the coast. you will be near monterey and carmel on the journey, would both be great places to stay.

to the east you have lake tahoe and the sierras which are about 3hrs from SF. although I do not know what the weather is like there this time of year.
Dave_Darling
Don't forget--High Performance House in Redwood City, about 30 minutes south of SF. Bigger and better'n AA, from what I hear. Three floors packed solid with mostly 914 parts. And SSI (go visit Br@d!) is up in Novato, about 30 minutes north of SF. Don't forget Sears Point, about 10 minutes east of Novato, and Laguna Seca which is about 90 minutes south of SF.

Oh, did you want stuff that non-gearheads could get into?? wink.gif

Some good hikes around, if you're into that. Hawk Hill, just on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge, is not much for hiking, but the views are unbelievable. (And this wasn't the best view I've seen up there, either!!) It's even neat when the fog rolls in...

Lots of stuff to see and do in SF, if you like city stuff. Great twisty roads to drive just about everywhere there is coastline, and lots of places where there are hills...

Quite a few 914 people around. We could announce some kind of gathering if you're interested, like we did with Jeroen last weekend.

Napa and Sonoma have tons of wineries, most with tasting rooms. Yum yum! And there are lots of good restaurants up there.

And so on...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.