Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to find exaust studs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chance
Can't seem to find them on pelicanparts.com or other sites that I know of. Anyone know where to find the exhaust studs for a 1.8l?
Joe Ricard
Just did a search of my favorite sites.
Aircooled.net
type IV store
and Pelican parts.

None of them list an exhaust stud.... Weird. call the type IV store and I promise they will have them.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
plenty in stock as of yesterday 8/9 size if you need to ask anybody at the different stores
Nolongermusclecars
QUOTE(Chance @ Aug 26 2008, 06:39 AM) *

Can't seem to find them on pelicanparts.com or other sites that I know of. Anyone know where to find the exhaust studs for a 1.8l?

I bought metric studs right at a good size hardware store... just make sure you find them long enough and make sure they are hardened... anything listed as manifold or exhaust stud will do...
Chance
QUOTE(Nolongermusclecars @ Aug 26 2008, 09:36 AM) *

I bought metric studs right at a good size hardware store... just make sure you find them long enough and make sure they are hardened... anything listed as manifold or exhaust stud will do...

Would grade 8 be ok? Are they 8mm? How long?

Thanks a lot!
angerosa
Chance - I just bought some from George at Automobile Atlanta. Look him up on the web and give him a call. He'll tell you exactly what you need. I have a 74 1.8. I think it's 9mm in the head and 8mm side is what exhaust bolts onto. That's what he means when he says 8/9. Ask George to send you a catalog too. I had to replace one stud. I bought two regular and two oversized just in case.
Chance
Looks like they've got em! Thanks much guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.