Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car of the Month for Sept/October
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Due to the delay in opening nominations, voting will last for until the evening of Septmber 3rd!

Full contest guidelines can be found if you CLICK HERE.

In random order (and deliberately not listing names)... here are the cars that were nominated and seconded for September/October!

Car #1
IPB Image

Car #2
IPB Image

Car #3
IPB Image

Car #4
IPB Image

Car #5
IPB Image

-Rusty smoke.gif
Rusty
Every car here is gorgeous... please take a moment to post more information about them. smile.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Rusty @ Aug 26 2008, 01:49 PM) *

please take a moment to post more information about them. smile.gif

wow, a couple of cool cars here driving.gif

let me tell you a little more about car #5 - my Sporto

this one was bought by the 1st owner on Friday, June 11, 1971 - from the Porsche Center Raffay in Hamburg, Germany
he kept the car until 1983, when he gave the car to the 2nd owner - for free blink.gif
this guy repainted the car red slap.gif instead of the original signal orange
but there's still original 1st paint in the engine comparment and the gas tank area

in 1987 he sold the car to the 3rd owner, who did a big engine rebuild
after he moved to another city he parked the car in a garage ... until I bought it recently (about 18 years later w00t.gif )

it's high grade original, including all numbers, engine decals, interior, toolkit, service manual, owner's manual, ...

in September 1973 it got a warrenty replacement transmission (shown in the service record)
VIN, engine number, paint code and body number are all matching - and the warrenty transmission number matches too
so, I would call it a perfect survivor - apart from the repaint in wrong colour
something like a barn find biggrin.gif

here are some of the first pics I've got from the car ...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

and here are some photos of the car in his new envirement biggrin.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

bye1.gif Gustl
rick 918-S
Wow! I can't vote yet. Too many solid candidates. drooley.gif
jr91472
Gas burners did it for me! wub.gif
KELTY360
I'm a sucker for barn finds, survivors and the completion of a long, convoluted search. biggrin.gif
Jasfsmith
Car #1:

"SIX" is a immigrant from Switzerland who arrived in 1985. It is my second child of different mothers (the first being a '70 914-4 of US flavor).

Very limited work has been done on it. Aside from repaint of the front hood, rockers and wheels (in hindsight I should of skipped the wheels as the staining was hardly noticeable), and a professional polishing/buffing job (back in '86) nothing has been done to the exterior, the interior is original down to the short wave/long wave Blaupunkt radio and hole in the driver's side mat. Front trunk is exceptional and the rear showing signs of expected wear. The engine has only had chain tensioner update surgery performed. On the down side, the dealer applied undercoating remains and I've not made the commitment to remove it. Yet.

With 40,000 km on the odometer, it is now approaching 150,000 km with near 20,000 km put on it in the past three years with Parade trips from Maine to Hershey,PA, Portland,OR, and Sand Diego,CA. Unfortunately my health kept me away from the past Parade.

The "914-6 VW/Porsche" emblem is a sure opener to the car show attendees which gives me a chance to explain the hertitage.

(Not knowing just what photos might be of interest, I've attached a couple of batches.)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jasfsmith
Car #1

Damn, a few more and I'll stop....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ericread
WOW! I've never seen this much lobbying before!!! Is "World" now including a cash prize for the winner???

I guess I'll have to vote for Gustl, since he is handicapped by having to live with all that pollution, crime and traffic... Wait a minute, I'm the one with the pollution, crime and traffic...

Oh well, too late now, I already voted for him lol3.gif

Eric Read
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(ericread @ Aug 26 2008, 05:31 PM) *

WOW! I've never seen this much lobbying before!!! Is "World" now including a cash prize for the winner???

Eric Read

No lobbying, just a proud papa.. <grin>

Wait a minute! You mean there's money involved? Got search my hard drive for more photos....
championgt1
Another month will 5 great cars. Love the original cars. #1 got my vote. wub.gif
Rusty

Lobbying? Not in my mind. Each of the cars nominated have a great story behind them. I hope everyone takes time to talk about their pride and joy. wub.gif

-Rusty
type47
QUOTE(Rusty @ Aug 26 2008, 07:18 PM) *

Each of the cars nominated have a great story behind them. I hope everyone takes time to talk about their pride and joy. wub.gif

-Rusty

agree.gif i'll wait a couple of days to read the stories of the others before voting.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Aug 26 2008, 01:55 PM) *

Car #1:

Damn, a few more and I'll stop....

What a car! Great history and you drive it long distances to boot. driving.gif

I really like the backing plate used to display badges alongside the license plate.

Click to view attachment

Hey, I was in that same parking place in May with my brother's Syncro Westy!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Awesome car, but my vote stays with the Sporto.
TJB/914
This is so painful, it's like asking to choose which one of my children I like the best headbang.gif

I am going to wait till the end before deciding confused24.gif #1?? or #5?? Can I have (2) votes?

Tom
1970 Neun vierzehn
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif Let's keep this near the top of the page.
carreraguy
Car #2

Hi all - thanks for the nomination! Lots of info about 914AROO in my Blog link below. I used to have a very nice 1976 914 ("Ol' Yeller") but wanted more horsepower. I didn't want to mess with such a great example so I sold it to a fellow 914World member and started looking for a suitable engine swap candidate. After seeing the Subie 2 liter turbo conversion done by Renegade Hybrids at GAF in 2005 (now the "Anklebiter" car), I decided that was the route to go. Renegade helped me locate a 80K+ miles 1974 2.0 in Las Vegas and I was off to the races. The rationale for going Subie turbo are in the Blog; basically i wanted more "reliable" horsepower. Obviously the suspension, brakes etc. were upgraded to support the increased torque, about (215HP at the wheels). Attached is a more recent pic; among other changes, I removed the windshield graphic and added the side graphics.
Thanks,

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
Soooooo ahhhhhh.... Is Paul going to post any pictures and infor on his car? The perfect example of what the 914 should be piratenanner.gif
rufio0205
need more pictures of 3....
MoveQik
Damn....#2 or #4....THAT is the question. Better go think on it for a little bit.
strawman
I'm shoe-horning a Subie into my car, so I prolly shoulda voted to Carreraguy's sweet ride. But Paul's 3.6 liter teener is tooooo sweet to pass up. Good luck #3!
LarryR
I was a sucker for the black car with 916 flares...
PRS914-6
OK, here is a little info on my car #3 I don't like to do this because frankly, I just built what I like....I'm glad so many others like the car though. Thanks!

Full restoration with a 95 993 engine. Regeared 915 tranny, 993 brakes, 911 suspension, 8&9" Fuchs, chassis reinforced, custom 911 gauges, heated GTS seats, metal flares and a list too lengthy to go into here. No part of the car went un-touched. Built by myself with exception of the paint spray. Featured in Excellence Magazine bi-monthly. Here are a few before and after shots...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
AvalonFal
Any could be the winner, but it's #1 for me. Clean.
SGB
I made my vote, but I love all these extra pics. They are going into the file of pics that rotate across my desktop at work. More pictures of ALL the other cars would be great!
hwgunner
I voted number 2. Love the color and the orange. beerchug.gif
orthobiz
QUOTE(jr91472 @ Aug 26 2008, 11:30 AM) *

Gas burners did it for me! wub.gif

Likewise.

Paul
Chris Pincetich
Of all 5 I have only seen #2, #3, and #4 in person. All are nice, but Paul's #3 combo is sooo cool. Words can not describe it, pictures come close. It was like a new car but no doubt a 914 and all Porsche. My 1.7 cowered in it's shadow, but we kept up on that cruise through Napa. beerchug.gif
#2 would be my daily driver, and #4 the ultimate weekend racer. Both are super sweet.
I nominate that electric 914 in Excellence for next time happy11.gif
YOPU
I just put in my vote for #3... I rode in Paul's car a couple months back at a BBQ here in Sacramento. I have been after Rob to build a car like this since. It is not only beautiful, but more fun than an amusement park ride. Paul was so nice to take me for that ride. I am sure it was so annoying having everyone asking... Good luck Paul!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.