Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pelican gasket set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
i am trying to find out what comes in the pelican 2.0 gasket set. can only find out whats not in it (front and rear seals). does it include the push rod seals, oil cooler, oil sump and oil filler seals? has any one purchased one? or am i better of buying everything seperately. also what is a lower windage seal?
Cap'n Krusty
The gasket set has everything you need (as far as gaskets and seals are concerned)
to rebuild the engine, except for the aforementioned front and rear crankshaft seals. The windage tray seals are reused, and NLA, I think. They're not really seals, anyway, servine mostly to hold the tray in place. Pelican, as do all the regular parts resellers, carries either Reinz or Goetze gasket sets. BTW, 2.0 T2 gasket sets are NOT the same as 2.0 914 sets.

The Cap'n
r_towle
agree.gif

Get the additional F/R main seals.
Get locktite from Jake (two types, one for the case, one for the oil galley plugs)
Get the oil galley kit and instructions (or use NPT pipe plugs)

The rest is in the case.
I noticed that the Goetz set has vittone seals for the big end of the push rods and regular rubber for the small end...I replace the black ones with vittone (SP) so I know they are all the same type and all seal.

Rich
nycchef
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 26 2008, 07:36 AM) *

agree.gif

Get locktite from Jake (two types, one for the case, one for the oil galley plugs)

The rest is in the case.
I noticed that the Goetz set has vittone seals for the big end of the push rods and regular rubber for the small end...I replace the black ones with vittone (SP) so I know they are all the same type and all seal.

Rich

rich i don't see an oil galley kit on pelican. is that from jake?
rich
r_towle
QUOTE(nycchef @ Aug 26 2008, 11:53 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 26 2008, 07:36 AM) *

agree.gif

The rest is in the case.

Rich

rich i don't see an oil galley kit on pelican. is that from jake?
rich

the oil galley kit is a simple thing.
There are a few oil galleys that Jake has seen blow out over time.
They are in the front and rear of the case.
You remove them, thread the hold for a standard NPT pipe plug and thread those in place.
Jake sells the kit.
Go to his web site and read his article on how to do it, or search STF, its there also.
Jakes kits just puts it all together with instructions.

Not something I read on the internet...I have done it.

Rich
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we made the windage tray seals and have about a thousand feet in stock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.