Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weight of 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
Anticipating the purchase of an iPhone, I saw some software that measures 0-60 time and quarter mile time. With the input of the car's weight, it supposedly calculates HP. So, I weighed my car. It was 2,220 pounds. I had 1/4 tank of gas and probably at least 20 lbs of crap and a spare tire. So, I am thinking the car is under 2,200 pounds as a fair estimate. From time to time I see someone asking about weight, so here is another data point.
turboman808
QUOTE(jfort @ Aug 26 2008, 07:10 AM) *

Anticipating the purchase of an iPhone, I saw some software that measures 0-60 time and quarter mile time. With the input of the car's weight, it supposedly calculates HP. So, I weighed my car. It was 2,220 pounds. I had 1/4 tank of gas and probably at least 20 lbs of crap and a spare tire. So, I am thinking the car is under 2,200 pounds as a fair estimate. From time to time I see someone asking about weight, so here is another data point.

Yeah I am quite surprised at all the stuff the iphone can do. But yeah the dynolicious is supposed to work really well.
smg914
Some factory documentation shows the weight of a 914-6 to be 2070 pounds. In fact PCA Club Racing requires a 914-6 running in a stock class to weigh a minimum of 2070 pounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.