Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is anyone interested in a "Falling Leaf" drive?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davesclassicvws
I've been thinking that it would be nice to take a drive up the Columbia Gorge this fall to look at the changing colors of the trees. Nothing fancy just meet at a given location and drive up the Gorge with several stops along the way.
I also ride a motorcycle and the trip I'm thinking of would originate in Vancouver WA, go up to Wind River and up over the top to some great views of Mt St Helens and end up back in Vancouver. An easy 4-6 hour ride with several locations to pull over and gawk at cars or the scenery.

I was thinking the Saturday October 11th. Any takers?

NO FEES!, NO T-SHIRTS, NO TROPHIES! Just a freindly drive through the country!

mstein95
idea.gif
I'm definately interested. Have to check a few things first. Mark me as tenative.
Todd Enlund
That sounds like a great drive... but my car is in pieces. It's not even on jackstands... it's all over the garage sad.gif
iamchappy
You will probably lose a few sailboarders along the way if it's blowing....
davesclassicvws
I took this loop in June on my motorcycle and there was still 6 feet of snow on the side of the road.
scotty
Hmmm...lessee here...
  • Most of the oil stays in the car...check!
  • No parts have fallen off in the last 14 drives...check! Okay, not counting sun-visors.
  • Carbs kinda, sorta balanced and not feeding too much gas to the engine...check!
  • Car actually runs...check!
  • Cell phone keeps charge for a full day...check!
  • AAA membership with 500 mile towing paid up...check!

...looks like a distinct possibility! driving.gif
JRust
I may be up for it too. Should have the new Renegade Radiator in by then biggrin.gif . Keep me in the loop
davesclassicvws
We need a cool name for this run. Any suggestions?

jmmotorsports
I am up for it,sounds like fun.

Jerry
PeeGreen 914
Sounds like fun but I am going to put my car up by then for the winter. Maybe I'll just have to thumb a ride piratenanner.gif
PanelBilly
I'm sticking my thumb out too. Anybody need a pasenger?
mills914/s
...... I might be into this. I need to meet some 914 people near Us.
Since We moved from California to Coeur d alene IDAHO. The 914 has been sleeping in a nice warm heated garage. I have seen a total of 4/ 914's since we moved here. And dont know of anyone on 914world in my area. I don't even think I have a real region here.
Seth
davesclassicvws
Here's a run down of what I was thinking would be a nice run. Go to this link and check out the map.
Hi, I'd like to share a Google Maps link with you.
Link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl....900391&z=9

We would leave from Vancouver up Hiway 14 to Carson. At Carson head north up the Wind River. Lots of twisties and scenery. The road climbs up to about 3000 ft and opens up to a spectacular view of Mt St Helens. We will then loop down through Cougar and seveeral lakes. Swift, Yale and Merwin. We will then loop back through Amboy, Battleground and back to our origination Vancouver. I though at the end of the day we stop for Pizza or something like that.

Good People, Great Cars, Good Times!

P.S. If your car is not running or you have put it away for the season come anyway.
Lou W
idea.gif Sounds like fun, I'll have to see what I can do. smile.gif
EyeTrip
I'm there!!!
Silver Surfer
I'm up for it, getting tired of just cruising around town every other weekend. Not much 914 fun in my life since I took a job I could walk to... I don't think she's forgiven me yet for making her a garage princess. This would be a cool drive! I'm marking it on my calendar and hoping the weather cooperates!
scotty
About 4 hours of driving fun and a full day. smile.gif
davesclassicvws
It will be nice to meet some more local 914 owners. I see cars around town but I'm usually heading in the opposite direction.
EyeTrip
QUOTE(davesclassicvws @ Sep 1 2008, 08:00 PM) *

It will be nice to meet some more local 914 owners. I see cars around town but I'm usually heading in the opposite direction.

Were they red 914's and listing to the left? av-943.gif
davesclassicvws
QUOTE(EyeTrip @ Sep 2 2008, 03:51 PM) *

Where in Camas do you live? I live over by Sharp Electronics.
EyeTrip
QUOTE(davesclassicvws @ Sep 2 2008, 08:59 PM) *

Near downtown. The only local 914's I've seen here, is a yellow one and my buddies red one.
davesclassicvws
QUOTE(EyeTrip @ Sep 2 2008, 11:55 PM) *

QUOTE(davesclassicvws @ Sep 2 2008, 08:59 PM) *

Near downtown. The only local 914's I've seen here, is a yellow one and my buddies red one.

I take mine out when Its nice out. Went to Seattle for the WCR back in July. Gonna head over to the Sunset Porsche for the swap meet tomorrow.
davesclassicvws
So the question of the day is do you want to start early enough to get breakfast or later in the morning and then have luch after the drive?
EyeTrip
QUOTE(davesclassicvws @ Sep 6 2008, 08:43 AM) *

So the question of the day is do you want to start early enough to get breakfast or later in the morning and then have luch after the drive?

Morning Noon or night, I'm easy. Just make it sunny! hahahaha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.