Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound deadener....need an empty engine bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I have an offer from a vendor to supply a free sound deadening pad for a GOOD pattern so he can do a cut.....and then sell them....

Since Blondie made reserve on the evilbay, she will have a new home....so I can extend the offer to someone else.....at least I hope....
bernbomb914
I just pulled my motor and have the orig. pad would that work for a pattern?

Bernie icon14.gif
maf914
MikeZ,

Do you know anymore about the replacement sound pad? Material, effectiveness, etc.

Mike
swood
My engine bay is still bare, clean, no rust, primered ready for paint. How do you want to get the pattern made?
MontyQ
I painted my engine bay with the stuff they use to line pickup truck beds. I also used a piece of mylar for a radiant heat barrier between the original pad and the firewall. It seems to have helped cut down on both noise and heat...

Monty
Joe Bob
While I was at Dunkel's I bought some bulk material from Appbiz....he offered to get me a precut model if I got him a pattern....

I have enuff to make two, so Bernbomb....send me an email at 356@cox.net.

I guess I could get you to send me the old one....I can cut a few, and have him send YOU the prototype?

The material is silverized heat resistant sound deadener....the edges would be best enclsoed with mylar tape....appbiz sewes edging on them and makes them really clean.

He has pre cut 911 ones, they sold very well. He had a pretty big stack and by the end of the day they were all gone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.