Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showing off a little
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Ok, it's really an RC 914 tow vehicle. I just wanted to show off one of my latest Kustom works.

Here's the image I used as referance...
djm914-6
and here's my piece... I can do the same for the 914 bodies coming in. Just supply a pic and I'll do what I can to create a smaller version.

See Ebay for more pics... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3123803751
vortrex
dang, you painted that? nice job!
MJHanna
I’m impressed. What the going rate for a helmet? blink.gif
Tony C
I second that, how much for a helmet, I have a new one that needs painting.

-tony
djm914-6
For some helmet information, go here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=103496

For prices, email me with an idea of a design you like and I'll see what I can do.
seanery
The price was right! Where was I?

I paid $750 for my last paint job!

Nice job...What would one like this cost me?
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

thanks,
sean
djm914-6
Let me put it this way... My prices reflect my inexperience. I would be out of my mind to try to compete with whoever did that helmet. IMHO, you got what you paid for and maybe more.
seanery
Don't sell yourself short Dave. wavey.gif That truck is pretty nice. mueba.gif What did my guy do that you didn't in that truck?
I really suck at airbrush, but I just think he did more of the same stuff you were doing.
I was kinda bummed out because the grid at the top was supposed to be like spaghetti not a grid, oh well
the rest is cool, except there is a letter that isn't capitalized-oops! It's all in the details.
djm914-6
IMO, the painter of your helmet is FAR more experienced. If he doesn't have 15+ years under his belt, then he is truely gifted. First thing he did better is using automotive paints and a proper clear gun. Auto paints give a greater depth and clearity that my acrylics don't provide. Also, his gun control is excellent. Look at the shadows and mask's tie. And the final kicker is his use of colors. He shows a true understanding of color use.

I can paint almost anything. I can provide enough skill and quality to 'wow' many people. I can't compete with a profesional painter. For these reasons, my prices are about 1/2 off theirs. Oh yeah, one more reason for lower prices is that I have a hard time estimating a delivery date accurately. A job that looks easy to me may take twice as long to finish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.