Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: san francisco trip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I will be out in the above mentioned area between the 12th and the 16th if there is anything going on.
dw914er
I'll be in San Luis Obispo on the 14th or so moving in
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 28 2008, 09:33 AM) *

I will be out in the above mentioned area between the 12th and the 16th if there is anything going on.

How about an informal 914world beer drinking contest when you're in San Jose?

SJ is only 45 minutes south of me ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Cap'n Krusty
German Autofest, Sept 13/14 in Ventura (2 hours south of SLO). Might want to fit it in to your schedule. I'm a half hour south of SLO, and would be happy to meet you for dinner, or lunch, if dinner times are booked. Show you what REAL barbecue is. I'll be leaving for GAF Saturday around 1, and there's always dinner in Ventura, too, if you can't make it to Santa Maria. The Cap'n
JeffBowlsby
I would be happy to meet up with you if it works out George...the Bay area is my stompin' grounds.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 28 2008, 10:33 AM) *

I'm in if we want to have a little get together the 13th or 14th. Have you ever been on a motoring tour of the hills between San Jose and Santa Cruz or in the East Bay? We have some great roads.

BTW... I'm going to be in Atlanta Sept. 30 - Oct. 9. I plan to spend Saturday at Road Atlanta. Do you have anything going on it Atlanta that time of year?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Aug 28 2008, 01:54 PM) *

I'm in if we want to have a little get together the 13th or 14th. Have you ever been on a motoring tour of the hills between San Jose and Santa Cruz or in the East Bay? We have some great roads.

BTW... I'm going to be in Atlanta Sept. 30 - Oct. 9. I plan to spend Saturday at Road Atlanta. Do you have anything going on it Atlanta that time of year?

You cali boys are spoiled! We have nothing here that is good buy beautiful southern women (more into fashion than brain power however!) We always though each friday run the Chattahoochee River course (around four miles) directly to the bar and discuss the weeks events!

I am flying in friday to san fran and my schedule is entirely open except for all day monday in san luis obispo.
736conver
Does this trip have to do with GPR. sad.gif
Gint
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 28 2008, 12:06 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 28 2008, 09:33 AM) *

How about an informal 914world beer drinking contest when you're in San Jose?

SJ is only 45 minutes south of me ...
beerchug.gif Andy

Sharon and I be in S.J. the evening of the 16th and all day the 17th also. bye1.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 28 2008, 02:43 PM) *

You cali boys are spoiled! We have nothing here that is good buy beautiful southern women (more into fashion than brain power however!) We always though each friday run the Chattahoochee River course (around four miles) directly to the bar and discuss the weeks events!

I am flying in friday to san fran and my schedule is entirely open except for all day monday in san luis obispo.

Ill be in slo on monday.
markb
I'm 15 minutes from SLO, let me know when you're in town. There's a few of us around, maybe we can get something together.
LarryR
How about making that beer fest in the east bay? Oakland, Berkeley, Walnut creek... Of course Lafayette, Orinda, or Moraga work best for me beerchug.gif

Or if its anywhere on the bart line then I dont have to drive 45 min home after beer... I suspect if its near bart the turn out would be the highest.

If not then I might stop by for one and head out...
sww914
QUOTE(markb @ Aug 28 2008, 09:52 PM) *

I'm 15 minutes from SLO, let me know when you're in town. There's a few of us around, maybe we can get something together.

I'm down, as long as it includes ingesting dead animals.
Gint
If we can swing it we will. And I'm a meatatarian. It's a personal choice.
computers4kids
QUOTE(sww914 @ Aug 29 2008, 02:14 AM) *

QUOTE(markb @ Aug 28 2008, 09:52 PM) *

I'm down, as long as it includes ingesting dead animals.

I work on Mondays, but if the SLO guys get together...I'd like to make it happen.
hydroliftin

I propose we make a motoring tour out of this. You are welcome to share driving duties in my 914 if you like. We could meet at Flames Coffee Shop of Milpitas
1191 E Calaveras Blvd Milpitas, CA 95035-5502 at 8:00, hit the road at 9:14 AM drive the scenic route to Mt. Hamilton. There is an observatory at the top of Mt. Hamilton click here. We can check that out, do group photos, etc. Then the fun part driving the back roads to Livermore. San Antonio Valley Rd, connects to Mines Rd for one continuous drive to Livermore and Emil Villa’s California Bbq at 3064 Pacific Ave Livermore, Ca 94550 or some other place for lunch. We should get there around noon if someone didn't want to make the motoring tour.

map
dw914er
luncheon at Firestone or something in slo monday seem in order? MMM, BBQ!
hydroliftin
QUOTE(dw914er @ Aug 29 2008, 01:47 PM) *

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I was proposing a 1/2-day motoring tour for Saturday the 13th. From Milpitas to Livermore the long way. If you guys want to do BBQ on Monday, we can figure on a different place for lunch. Let's hear from some of the Bay Area folks, and from George. Does this sound like a good plan (see my earlier post)?
dw914er
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Aug 29 2008, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Aug 29 2008, 01:47 PM) *

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I was proposing a 1/2 motoring tour for Saturday the 13th. From Milpitas to Livermore the long way. If you guys want to do BBQ on Monday, we can figure on a different place for lunch. Let's hear from some of the Bay Area folks, and from George. Does this sound like a good plan (see my earlier post)?

I saw it, 'cept george said he was in slo on monday. Thats why I suggest lunch down there for monday, not saturday. I won't have my porsche up there anyways (just my slightly modded rsx though), so BBQ works. I move in on that sunday anyways for school.
JeffBowlsby

So where are you going to be on the Saturday morning George? Maybe we should call a Bay Area 914 Breakfast to order?
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 29 2008, 04:05 PM) *

So where are you going to be on the Saturday morning George? Maybe we should call a Bay Area 914 Breakfast to order?

agree.gif
hydroliftin
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Aug 30 2008, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 29 2008, 04:05 PM) *

agree.gif

Paging Dr. 914.... Paging Dr. 914. So what do you think George? Are you up for a litte driving.gif ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.