Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebay teen with original CIS 1.8 injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
Looks like hes presoaking the rear trunk with the carpet so it will be nice and rusted upon pickup ohmy.gif
echocanyons
carpet
Jake Raby
Notice that there are ZERO engine pics... I wanna see that CIS system! HA!
Mark Henry
He's screwed up in his terminology (or just plain BSing), he's confusing CIS with L-jet. Sounds good if your not in the know. The rest is just a hoot.

You are bidding on a Classic 1975 914- 4 1.8L CIS Fuel Injected Porsche. The Computerize Injection System (CIS) has far superior engine performance and fuel to air management ratios compare to the Mechanical Injection System used on 1.7L and 2.0L Engines, which translate to better performance and fuel economy at the same time."
"I spent quit a lot of $$$$ in Suspension Upgrades with Sport Performance KYB Shock insert front axle and KYB Struts with Heavy Duty Spring assembly at the rear axle."
"This car runs and handles like a Ferrari at corners and high speed."
Mueller
I'd say he is grossly misinformed and or clueless (and the poor buyer will take on this BS info until he is set straight)

the D-Jet is a far cry from being a mechanical fuel injection smile.gif

CIS= Continous Injection System

Here is a good page for CIS (Porsche related)
CIS information
Dave Bell
he... hee..... he... hee.... run away!

Tall tales and no knowledge of what he really has in the car..... and filling in that lack of knowledge with BS... when he could have gone on line or talked to any garage who would have told him he has L-jet.

- Dave
r_towle
I sent him a letter to tell him about his mistake.

R
mike_the_man
He also makes it sound like the big bumpers are a desirable option.

High-Impact Bumpers, Seat-fabric Fog-lights intagrated into the front Bumpers and Suspension upgrade.

And he also says Seat-fabric, but it sure looks like vinyl in the pics to me.

I wanna get me a teener with CIS!
tod914
I assume the car is copper metalic? I like the color. My guess it's original due to the 70's style door guards.
Joe Ricard
Hey cool CIS link. I am always lookng for tid bits on CIS. Gotta keep the 928 running ya know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.