Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: have you ever seen a japanese 914 sales brochure ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I found one on eBay and was able to get it

today it arrived

this brochure is ... just too cool mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

smilie_pokal.gif Gustl
Sleepin
Very cool! I had not seen one of those before! Thank you for sharing Gustl!
ericread
Is there any documentation that shows how many 914s were delivered to Japan/the Pacific Rim?

Eric Read
davep
Very Nice.
dw914er
it looks like euro front lights and usa rears.

anyways, that really cool
JeffBowlsby
Mitsuwa is the same dealer on this Japanese 914 ad:

Gustl
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 29 2008, 11:04 PM) *

Mitsuwa is the same dealer on this Japanese 914 ad:

I guess that was the general importer for VW and Porsche from Japan idea.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif From the Matsuda Porsche car museum catalog:
Dominic
Well I'm heading over to Japan for a 3 year tour, so I'll let you guys know if I see any 914's on the road (see how many of the 440 imported are still left?). But, I'm going to northern Japan (8+ hours from Tokyo by car) so I doubt I'll see much at all unless its at a car show.
johannes
WOW ! this is a find ! ... Congrats Gustl, one day i will have to visit your library wink.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(johannes @ Aug 30 2008, 06:05 PM) *

WOW ! this is a find ! ... Congrats Gustl, one day i will have to visit your library wink.gif

your're welcome - but you have to bring your teener biggrin.gif

I could show you some nice roads in my area driving.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
nsr-jamie
Hey friends!! Cool pics!!

I am in Japan, I have been here for a long time working over here. I shipped my 914 out last year from Canada and am still trying to get it legal and road worthy. I am almost there. My goal is to have it done this year, the car runs great but has some very small details and an oil leak and they keep failing me. I spend all my weekends working on it and I am having lots of fun. I have been here for about 10 years and I have never seen a 914 ever. I know there is a club and they have about 50 members and tried to contact them with no luck. 914 are very rare here in Japan. The original cars were built to Euro spec with a Japan only speedo that has an annoying chime sound when you hit 100km/h, thats about the only difference I can find.

If anybody comes out to Japan get in touch with me, I am located in Nagoya (Central Japan and home of Toyota motors)

I found some old Japanese magazines with reviews on the 914 I would love to post but my scanner has stopped working.

Gustl, nice pics, could I use those on my little 914 site if you don't mind??
nsr-jamie
I need to buy a new scanner, so instead of that I just took some quick pic with my camera to give you guys an idea of the magazine I found here in Japan. Its from the early 80's. Enjoy the pics!! beerchug.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Gustl
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Aug 31 2008, 03:27 PM) *

Gustl, nice pics, could I use those on my little 914 site if you don't mind??

of course - feel free to use them

bye1.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.