Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: best and most original 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Gulf20
Hi everyone,

I am a PCA member for over 20 years and fortunate enough to experience different Porsche, but never had an opportunity to own a 914-6, so I am asking everyone here to help me find a 914-6 that is all-original (including paint) and comes with documentation from new without any story attached to it. I’ll pay the premium for the right car.

Please no dealer or brokers.

Please contact me by email: mori.mesgarzadeh@thermo.com or call me: 650-302-8245

Thank you very much for your time in advance,

Mori pray.gif

Joe Bob
Good luck. Out of a little over 3,000 units made there are VERY few that are still around let alone completely unmolested.

You'll be lucky to find a numbers matching repaint with a stock rebuilt motor. That would be more realistic.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Gulf20 @ Aug 29 2008, 09:23 PM) *

Hi everyone,

I am a PCA member for over 20 years and fortunate enough to experience different Porsche, but never had an opportunity to own a 914-6, so I am asking everyone here to help me find a 914-6 that is all-original (including paint) and comes with documentation from new without any story attached to it. I’ll pay the premium for the right car.

Please contact me by email: mori.mesgarzadeh@thermo.com or call me: 650-302-8245

Mori pray.gif

My good friend Gary just told me his Canary Yellow 914-6 is FS & it meets your specifications. I believe he wants something just under $30K.

Tom
Gulf20
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Sep 6 2008, 06:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Gulf20 @ Aug 29 2008, 09:23 PM) *

Hi everyone,

Mori pray.gif

My good friend Gary just told me his Canary Yellow 914-6 is FS & it meets your specifications. I believe he wants something just under $30K.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the info, please call me, I just sent you PM.

Thanks,

Mori
TJB/914
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 29 2008, 09:47 PM) *

Good luck. Out of a little over 3,000 units made there are VERY few that are still around let alone completely unmolested.

You'll be lucky to find a numbers matching repaint with a stock rebuilt motor. That would be more realistic.

Mike,
agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
You are absolutely correct. Finding one like Mori asked for is un-attainable or in Geo. Hussey's collection for real big bucks.

Gary's cars does not have original paint, etc, but one of the few unmolested #'s matching 914-6. Hey Gary, don't be mad at me for posting this. flag.gif I hate to see it leave the area.

T
Joe Bob
I have a Signal Orange one that may be up for sale...all original drive train and color....
Gulf20
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 7 2008, 07:10 PM) *

I have a Signal Orange one that may be up for sale...all original drive train and color....

Love to know more.

Mori
Gulf20
I am still looking for a perfect 6, and also considering a factory GT, if anyone have one for sale or know one available.

Thanks,

Mori
burton73
George at AA has a perfect 6 for sale. Big bucks. He also has a lead on a perfect factory GT car. Super Big Bucks over 240g's. Now for a rich man, parking your money there may be OK.

Bob
Mr_Zambezi
If you got the cash go to Auto Atlanta's web page and check out the cars for sale link on the 914 page. For some reason all the showcase rigs are up for sale, even his M-471. Personally, if I had the cash I'd pick up the green six.

Good Luck, wish I had your liquid!
sixerdon
If you are looking for the "best", check out; www.sloancars.com He claims to have the best "six" on the planet for $55K. Even though it's rebuilt.
On the other hand, if there is an owner of a six out there with a car matching your description wish, and he happens to know the market value well enough, and is willing to sell, expect to pay a premium plus. Good Luck.
Don
Gulf20
Thanks for the info on AA web site, could you guys give me some insight on the Green car “We call it the best six in the world”

1- Is this really what they claim it is (and what you think of it)?
2- Is this car just a sculpture, or starts and run?
3- What you guys personally know and think, could you please share any opinions on this car?

Sorry for all these naive questions, as I mentioned before I am very green to these cars and this community, didn’t even know about AA and many other things! And still don’t know much!

Any educative advice and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Mori
Gustl
George from AA is on this board - he could tell you everything about this car

personally, I doubt that he really would sell it idea.gif

did you realize his asking price?
are you really willing to buy a standard 914-6 for US$ 75k blink.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
sean_v8_914
george's green car IS all that and a bag of chips
Porsche Rescue
I know of a beautiful six for sale. It is number matching I think (I once owned it, sold it to the restorer). It is not original, but restored to a very high standard. Complete tear down, all bits replated, original Adriatic blue color, lots of NOS parts, etc. I think asking price is $44K. Expensive, but could not be reproduced for that price. For some reason I cannot attach pics. They are in an Adobe Photoshop album. Car is in Manhattan, Kansas. I can put you in touch with the owner and possibly forward pics I have if you send me a PM.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Gulf20 @ Sep 14 2008, 08:02 AM) *

Thanks for the info on AA web site, could you guys give me some insight on the Green car “We call it the best six in the world”

1- Is this really what they claim it is (and what you think of it)?
2- Is this car just a sculpture, or starts and run?
3- What you guys personally know and think, could you please share any opinions on this car?

Sorry for all these naive questions, as I mentioned before I am very green to these cars and this community, didn’t even know about AA and many other things! And still don’t know much!

Any educative advice and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Mori

Hi Mori,

I've been following your posts since we talked on the phone & I gave you info on a local 914-6. You have been troiling the group for leads & in my opinion your not as naive as you claim. As Mike Z told you in the first post, you will not find the 914-6 with original paint, GT or 914-6 you claim at a cheap price. Everyone knows the value. I suggest you buy the best out there and do a full restoration to your taste & pocket book. stirthepot.gif

BTW: Everyone in PCA & Porsche world knows Geo @ AA. He has a free 800 #.

Tom
Joe Bob
I loved it when he said my 914/6 which has the original motor, trans, same colored paint from the factory...yes a repaint but done well and I have a COA...wasn't original because the engine was being built to "S" specs.

I think he needs to check put the high end sales sites and get the sticker shock he deserves. They only made a little over 3,000 of these.....get a clue my friend.
9werks
There is a 7,000 mile original paint GT for sale up by Lime Rock. $350,000

Frank Gallogly owns it. If your interested I can get you his info.
Joe Bob
He can write a check.....
Gulf20
Thanks everyone for all your help and support, I think I found the car that fits me perfectly. It is a '71 914-6 Silver, matching # California car. I'll post some pictures when the car is in my hand.

Thanks again for all your support,

Mori
Tom,
How much does your friend want for the yellow six? Looks really nice...
TJB/914
QUOTE(914 @ Sep 15 2008, 08:22 PM) *

Tom,
How much does your friend want for the yellow six? Looks really nice...

Mr. 914,

The yellow 914-6 is owned by Gary Stellmach in Southfield, MI. I suggest anyone interested contact him @ por914@comcast.net
Gary is the 3rd. owner and it's a good #'s matching original 914-6. It's best to contact him direct about the price & details. If necessary PM me for his cell phone #.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.