Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why leave the targa bar?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Is there are reason to leave the targa bar in place when you have a full cage?
Assume a chopped windshield and never a roof.

So, why do IC all the cars with no windshield and the ginter type front windscreen all leave the targa bar in place???

If you have a full cage with cross bars and a full rear hoop the targa bar is redundant structurally and seems to be added weight up high.

Rich
Joe Bob
Lose it....just remember to tie the cage into both ends of the longs.

I did it with a 356 C that I ripped the top off of and stuffed a 6 into.....of course that was rusty coupe and has no bearing on this conversation.....but I don't care. I just spent 8 hours cleaning my rental and sniffing cleaning fumes......
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 30 2008, 05:37 PM) *

Lose it....just remember to tie the cage into both ends of the longs.

I did it with a 356 C that I ripped the top off of and stuffed a 6 into.....of course that was rusty coupe and has no bearing on this conversation.....but I don't care. I just spent 8 hours cleaning my rental and sniffing cleaning fumes......

So you should be pretty high right now...Want to lend me money? biggrin.gif
URY914
People leave the T-bar on because it makes it look like a 914.
Without it the car looks strange.
PeeGreen 914
Unless you do something like the Anklebiter.
SirAndy
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 30 2008, 07:42 PM) *

People leave the T-bar on because it makes it look like a 914.
Without it the car looks strange.

That's why Roger Sheridan makes a FG replacement ...

"914 FIBERGLASS TARGA BAR$ 450.00 (APPROX. WEIGHT 4 LBS.)"

http://www.ultimate914.com/MOTORSPORTS_WE/Price_Listx.html

bye1.gif Andy
sww914
My car caught fire several years ago. One of those filter screen holders loosened it's self and my car burned badly, like 40-50 foot high flames, no exaggeration. It was at The Streets of Willow and the fire was bad enough that they stopped the practice session happening over on the big track, too. You can read the whole story in 914 Magazine's first issue.
I will never run a car without a glass rear window. Ever.
I had urethaned the rear glass in and the fire was hot enough that it melted the urethane and the glass fell inside the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.