Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ORPCA AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
For any NWers feeling autocross deprived.
Sunday morning at the PIR pro pits.

We usually have 30ish cars which will get you 5 or 6 passes plus
fun runs afterward. It ain't quite "run till you puke", but close:D

Be in the pro pits by 8:45 AM as the track closes soon thereafter.
We get out around 1:00 PM. The foot bridge is open all the time, however. The weather looks ....iffy....what else is new?
ChrisReale
Damn, that means Id have to leave West Seattle at about 5am... sad.gif
Bruce Allert
Hey JP, when you go thru the main gate at PIR are there signs pointing the way to the AX area?
bruce
Porsche Rescue
Bruce, no signs. If you are going to participate just stay on the road which goes around the south side of the pit/parking area until it reaches the track, about half way down the front straight. You will see a gate and someone will wave you across the track to the infield (aka "pro pits"). You MUST be across before 8:45 because the motor cycle crazies start racing at 9:00. You sign up and pay your $15 there. If you only wish to watch this foolishness, simply park wherever and walk across the "Goodyear" pedestrian bridge to the infield. In that case you can come late and leave early. If you drive your car across you can't get out 'til about 1 pm.
I'll be there, trying to look like I am as fast as JP.
ChrisReale
If the weather looks good (not pouring rain) I think I might try to head down. We'll see ph34r.gif
Does PIR have a web site? Im looking for directions
Porsche Rescue
Go to www. portlandraceway.com
Pretty simple place for you WA folks to find. Just stay on I-5 south (don't take I-205). I think it is the 3rd exit after you cross the river into Oregon. Less than a mile from the border. Just watch for signs.
Bruce Allert
What kind of helmet is necessary to partake of the foolishness??? I have a feeling I might take a liking to this smile.gif
bruce
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Mar 25 2003, 03:06 PM)
Damn, that means Id have to leave West Seattle at about 5am... sad.gif

Hey, we could leave the nite before, and crash in JP's shop tongue.gif He's got a nice pellet stove in there. Cozy... Would JP mind if I slept shotgun? confused24.gif
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Mar 25 2003, 07:27 PM)
What kind of helmet is necessary to partake of the foolishness??? I have a feeling I might take a liking to this smile.gif
bruce

PCA rules say a Snell 95 or later. I got mine at a motorcycle store (its a snell 2000 finger.gif for about $100. Its no Arai or Buell, but I dont f'in care!
Bruce Allert
thanks Chris, I might see ya there. clap56.gif
bruce
J P Stein
The 5 day says 62 & dry on Sat.
60 and "a few" showers (HAH!!!) for Sun.

Come on down, we kin find you a place to crash....er...sleep.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.