Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7L 914 trouble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
justdrive914
its all stock running fine yesterday no problems today i go out it wont crank i turn and check and turn and check had spark and fuel. Finally after like 45 min it cranked no clue why? bu it hunts at idle varying at first about 800 rpm up and down up and down then i found small leak in vacuum between aar and air distributor nothing be fixed it still hunts though just about 200 rpm now and kinda makes a small back fire noise while idling no boom but, putt putt , over night i dont get it?
Any suggestions? thanks andrew WTF.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Idle hunting can be caused by a number of things. V acuum leak is one of them. Others are misadjusted tps, and idle mixture screw on ECU.

I would first check for more vacuum leaks and set dwell and timing,
swl
when you say it would not crank - do you mean that the starter would not turn the engine over? 'turn and check' - can you expand that?
justdrive914
QUOTE(swl @ Sep 1 2008, 06:48 AM) *

when you say it would not crank - do you mean that the starter would not turn the engine over? 'turn and check' - can you expand that?

no starter turned and engine got fuel and spark but just didn't crank.
swl
sounds like you need a close look at all your FI components. There are several good threads available. What do your spark plugs look like?
roadster fan
Go here and check out the D-jet info Brad Anders page

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.