Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: steering wheel nut
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
leo imperial is on his way to sears to buy a rachet socket to remove his steering wheel , what size is the nut in a 71 914?
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(nycchef @ Sep 1 2008, 12:43 PM) *

leo imperial is on his way to sears to buy a rachet socket to remove his steering wheel , what size is the nut in a 71 914?

27mm

The easiest way is to use an impact wrench.
Dr. Roger
or a socket and a strong friend. LOL =-)

It translates to a SAE 1 1/16" socket BTW. (I only had metric up to a certain size and had to improvise)

Tell Leo it's 88 degrees here in Hercules.... right next to his old Casa location. Miss that guy.....
Leo Imperial
Thanks Richie, Todd, and Roger.

Ended up with two new sets running from 12 to 27mm. They were on sale drooley.gif

Right now the weather in NY is fantastic. So much so that Liz said this is NorCal weather this after noon. Sadly we know it wont last.

beerchug.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Sep 1 2008, 11:21 PM) *

Thanks Richie, Todd, and Roger.

Ended up with two new sets running from 12 to 27mm. They were on sale drooley.gif

Right now the weather in NY is fantastic. So much so that Liz said this is NorCal weather this after noon. Sadly we know it wont last.

beerchug.gif

Dont be sad....look forward to it..learn to ski.

Rich
Leo Imperial
Started life here and have come full circle. Been skiing since I was young and started snowboarding around 1987... Sad thing is the ski conditions in Tahoe destroy this area.
KaptKaos
Yep, 27 MM and Leo, when did you get the Quantum Synchro? I want one of those =)
sww914
The nut holding my steering wheel is 5'10" and 220#. biggrin.gif
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Sep 3 2008, 01:44 AM) *

Yep, 27 MM and Leo, when did you get the Quantum Synchro? I want one of those =)

Got it last fall. It is a blast in the snow. Can't stop it. Been going over it slowly over the past few months. Just finished timing belt and associated normal tune parts. Next is bushings all around, but this is my station car, so the Audi 5000 turbo motor swap or potential 4.2 v8 will need to wait until I can con the wife into the car needs it mode...
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(sww914 @ Sep 3 2008, 02:46 AM) *

The nut holding my steering wheel is 5'10" and 220#. biggrin.gif

no wonder you have a light car biggrin.gif

Don't feel bad mine has a loose nut beerchug.gif
markb
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Sep 2 2008, 10:53 PM) *

Don't feel bad mine has a loose nut beerchug.gif

Gee, I've been told mine does too. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.