Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF Bay area 9/14 lunch!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dave_Darling
I know that we've been slacking on the breakfasts lately, but who can pass up a gathering on 9/14? (9/14/08 for you SB guys, even!)

How about lunch at the Tied House in Mountain View? Noon sounds like a good time for it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...e=UTF8&z=14

Parking is easy out back, and there's another lot in front across the street if you are so minded.

Who's in?

--DD
roadster fan
Hey Dave,

I'm in. It is the same weekend as the Ventura show, so I wonder how many are going down for that.

Jim
Dave_Darling
Well, I can't make it to the Ventura show. I'm guessing there will be a few locals also not heading south--so they can celebrate in Mountain View instead! smile.gif

--DD
McMark
idea.gif
Gint
Sharon and I will be in S.F. that weekend. We might drive down if our schedule allows. Tied House isn't my favorite though...
EdwardBlume
Sharon and I will be in S.F. that weekend. We might drive down if our schedule allows. Tied House isn't my favorite though...

Well..... there's a Hooters here in Dublin... beer3.gif
jesiv
Sept 14 works for me. Of course I am always looking for an excuse to go to Hooters piratenanner.gif

James
Demick
I should be able to make the Tied House on 9/14. Friday at noon will be crowded. It will probably be important to have a couple people arrive early (11:30 or so) and reserve enough spaces.

Demick
Gint
The 14th is a Sunday Demick.
Demick
Doh!! Thought it was Friday for some reason.
jimtab
Take your meds dude...... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
mightyohm
Kylie and I should be there. I was going to go to Ventura but it didn't work out, which turned out to be a good thing because now I can see the bay area peeps!
fiid
I'm in. Can we do a run too?

There's a couple of anniversaries of departed brethren around this time of year, and I was thinking we should do a run in honor.

How about we meet up in the morning and finish up at the tied house??

Trevorg7
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Sep 2 2008, 03:59 PM) *

There is a Hooter in San Jose/Campbell now too!

cheer.gif

T
Gint
I'll go to Tied House. It's not like I hate it or anything so drastic. And I don't want to spoil DD's plan. No run for me though probably. We'll be in a rental ride and although this will be a nice diversion, we'll likely want to resume our mini-vaca in S.F.
MartyYeoman
Sorry, but I'm out.
I'll be vacationing on Cape Cod.
Hoping for good weather.
hydroliftin
I'm in. Tied House is a good choice. I am also definately in for a run. Who's organizing that part or should I step in?
neo914-6
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Sep 5 2008, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Sep 2 2008, 03:59 PM) *

There is a Hooter in San Jose/Campbell now too!

cheer.gif

T

IPB Image went to the grand opening... w00t.gif
Midtowner
I'm in! See you there! driving.gif
roadster fan
I'm in for the run too! biggrin.gif Where are we gonna drive driving.gif ?

Jim
Gint
So Dave, are we on or what?
Dave_Darling
I'm going to be at the Tied House at noon. No run for me, but anyone who wants to set that up is more than welcome to! smile.gif

--DD
roadster fan
Hydroliftin are you gonna plan the run? driving.gif It would be fun to do a short run before lunch, but worse case I will run over Hwy 17 and have lunch.

Jim
jesiv
I am up for a run! driving.gif

James
hydroliftin
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Sep 6 2008, 11:58 AM) *

Hydroliftin are you gonna plan the run? driving.gif It would be fun to do a short run before lunch, but worse case I will run over Hwy 17 and have lunch.

Jim

Anyone interested in a run before lunch, here's a plan. Meet at the Park & Ride lot near the Hayne Rd/Golf Course Dr. exit off Hwy 280 in Burlingame Click for diagram of lot. The Google Maps address is "Skyline Blvd & Golf Course Dr, Burlingame, CA 94010."

We will leave at 10:00 AM sharp so we can get to Tied House by noon. The route includes parts of Skyline, Kings Mountain Rd, Woodside Rd, Portola Rd, Alpine, Arastradero and Page Mill Rd befoe we hit the flat land of Los Altos / Mtn. View.

Click here for Map

Start address: Skyline Blvd & Golf Course Dr Burlingame, CA 94010
End address: 954 Villa St Mountain View, CA 94041

Start at: Skyline Blvd & Golf Course Dr Burlingame, CA 94010

1. Head southeast on Skyline Blvd toward Crystal Springs Rd - 2.9 mi
2. Turn right at CA-92 - 2.0 mi
3. Turn left at Skyline Blvd - 6.9 mi
4. Sharp left at Kings Mountain Rd - 3.9 mi
5. Turn left to stay on Kings Mountain Rd - 0.9 mi
6. Turn right at Woodside Rd - 1.7 mi
7. Slight left at Portola Rd - 0.8 mi
8. Turn right to stay on Portola Rd - 3.4 mi
9. Turn left at Alpine Rd - 1.1 mi
10. Turn right at Arastradero Rd - 2.0 mi
11. Turn right at Page Mill Rd - 2.5 mi
12. Turn left at Moody Rd - 0.5 mi
13. Turn left to stay on Moody Rd - 2.3 mi
14. Slight right at S El Monte Rd - 2.8 mi
15. Turn left at El Monte Ave - 0.4 mi
16. Slight right to stay on El Monte Ave - 282 ft
17. Turn right at W El Camino Real - 0.5 mi
18. Turn left at S Shoreline Blvd - 0.6 mi
19. Turn right at Villa St - 0.2 mi

Arrive at: 954 Villa St Mountain View, CA 94041
roadster fan
I'm in, but I may meet you at the rest area stop in La Honda. I am coming from Santa Cruz area and may drive up the coast and up the hill from Pescadero. I will post here when I decide for sure. Thanks for planning the run!

Jim
fiid
aktion035.gif

Thanks for putting a route together. 10:00am is perfect. Will see y'all at the rendezvous point.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Sep 7 2008, 03:34 PM) *

I'm in, but I may meet you at the rest area stop in La Honda. I am coming from Santa Cruz area and may drive up the coast and up the hill from Pescadero. I will post here when I decide for sure. Thanks for planning the run!

Jim

Jim,

We can modify the route a little to go through La Honda, and you could join us at that point. This would actually be a simpler route, and we should still make the Tied House by noon. If we leave the rest stop by 10:00 we should hit La Honda by 10:45 or 11:00.
carreraguy
Count me in for the lunch but can't make the run. Had a fun drive to/from Minden/Gardnerville over the weekend - got my full dose of fun on Hwy 88!
Later,
szuccaro
I can meet at the Tied House at noon. thx Steve
hydroliftin
I'm going to try this again. Here is a revised route that will include La Honda....

Click here for map

Anyone who wants to make the fun run meet up at the park & ride lot in Burlingame (see previous post). We will leave at 10:00 AM or you may join us as we go through La Honda at about 10:45 to 11:00.
roadster fan
I'm in whatever the route. I think the first map I pulled up showed the route going thru LaHonda that is how I came up with that solution. Looking at the first route now I see you didnt really come close to La Honda.

You let me know what you guys want to do, and I will make it work on my end. Either way it will be a fun run driving.gif

Hydroliftin picks the route and I will be there.

Jim
hydroliftin
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Sep 8 2008, 03:36 PM) *

I'm in whatever the route. I think the first map I pulled up showed the route going thru LaHonda that is how I came up with that solution. Looking at the first route now I see you didnt really come close to La Honda.

You let me know what you guys want to do, and I will make it work on my end. Either way it will be a fun run driving.gif

Hydroliftin picks the route and I will be there.

Jim

Yes, The route goes through La Honda. It is a better route, cause there are fewer roads to remember.
roadster fan
driving.gif Can't wait!

Is there a convenient spot in La Honda for me to wait for you guys? Not like I will be hard to spot, I will be in the only 914 in La Honda until you get there biggrin.gif

Jim
hydroliftin
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Sep 10 2008, 03:45 PM) *

driving.gif Can't wait!

Is there a convenient spot in La Honda for me to wait for you guys? Not like I will be hard to spot, I will be in the only 914 in La Honda until you get there biggrin.gif

Jim

Well there's always Applejack's Inn. It's right on the highway and it's easy to find.

jesiv
Ok, guys if we cannot find each other in La Honda... dry.gif

Don't forget to slooow down coming around the last curve driving.gif
LarryR
ARGH! one more event that I will have to miss. I plan on having the 914 running in the next couple of weeks so I hope I can make it to the next one.
Midtowner
I know some of these roads very well. You guys are going to have a lot of fun!

They recently repaved the upper portion of Page Mill Road just after Skyline. Nice and smooth but narrow in some parts. There's a short, quick kicker hill on the downhill slope at Los Trancos. I dare someone to take it full throttle! After that, you go navigate two very tight downhill hooks. Do not run it too hot or you will run wide off the road.

Moody Road just off of Page Mill is seriously steep downhill and will test your brakes. There is a tight left hook at the bottom. After that, Moody Road is rough and has lots of asphalt patching here and there but otherwise straight and flat.

Where Moody stops at Foothill College, watch for The Law. The short road that runs around the college was also recently repaved. Dip into the throttle where the road runs up the hill and to the left to get the tail out and some opposite lock.

Drive safe! driving.gif

hydroliftin
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Sep 10 2008, 11:21 PM) *

I know some of these roads very well. You guys are going to have a lot of fun!

They recently repaved the upper portion of Page Mill Road just after Skyline. Nice and smooth but narrow in some parts. There's a short, quick kicker hill on the downhill slope at Los Trancos. I dare someone to take it full throttle! After that, you go navigate two very tight downhill hooks. Do not run it too hot or you will run wide off the road.

Moody Road just off of Page Mill is seriously steep downhill and will test your brakes. There is a tight left hook at the bottom. After that, Moody Road is rough and has lots of asphalt patching here and there but otherwise straight and flat.

Where Moody stops at Foothill College, watch for The Law. The short road that runs around the college was also recently repaved. Dip into the throttle where the road runs up the hill and to the left to get the tail out and some opposite lock.

Drive safe! driving.gif

I tend more toward driving safe than testing the limits, so if I am holding anyone up, please feel free to flash your lights or somehting andd I'll pull over and let you pass. I encourage anyone on this fun run to stay well within your limits.
kenschipper
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Sep 6 2008, 06:04 AM) *

Jim

Jim,

I'm looking at coming over from San Juan Bautista to make the run. Do you want to meet up and run up the coast together.

Ken Schipper
Gint
Hey Ken

Are you driving the six? I've been wanting to see it since you first posted pics of it when you bought it.

www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=56928&
roadster fan
QUOTE(kenschipper @ Sep 12 2008, 04:05 PM) *

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Sep 6 2008, 06:04 AM) *

Jim

Jim,

I'm looking at coming over from San Juan Bautista to make the run. Do you want to meet up and run up the coast together.

Ken Schipper

Ken,

Sounds good. Looks like google says from Aptos 1 hr 20 to 1 hr 40 depending on if we go hwy 84 or Pescadero Rd. from Hwy 1 to La honda. If we leave Aptos at 9am we should be good. I live right off of Hwy 1 at the Rio Del Mar exit. Meet at the gas station on the west side of the overpass or at my house (1 minute up the road) at 9 am and we should be good to go. I will send you a PM with my address if you wanna come here. driving.gif

Are you bringing the 6 or the 4?

Jim
bfrymire
Hello Dave,

I should be able to make it tomorrow. I will be bringing the yellow car, and not the white one. A friend of mine, might also make it. He has a kit car that is kind of interesting in a retro way... Has a porsche 2.4 six in it...

-- brett

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 1 2008, 02:45 PM) *

I know that we've been slacking on the breakfasts lately, but who can pass up a gathering on 9/14? (9/14/08 for you SB guys, even!)

How about lunch at the Tied House in Mountain View? Noon sounds like a good time for it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...e=UTF8&z=14

Parking is easy out back, and there's another lot in front across the street if you are so minded.

Who's in?

--DD

kenschipper
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 12 2008, 05:34 PM) *

Hey Ken

Are you driving the six? I've been wanting to see it since you first posted pics of it when you bought it.

www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=56928&

Will be driving the 6. Haven't driven the four for 2 years now. Mabye time to sell it.

Ken
dug
Aw man... I'm in LA for GAF. Sorry I missed this.
dug
mightyohm
Well, I thought we were going to make it, but my brother's truck needs a new headgasket so that has become the project this weekend. Have fun, guys!
Midtowner
What an awesome day following seven 914's down Page Mill Road to join several other 914's at the Tied House!

Thanks everyone! I had a great time!
driving.gif
Midtowner
Tom's immaculate Suby-powered 914.

Midtowner
Scott's 35,000 mile time capsule.

Midtowner
This is how an engine bay should look like!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.