Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Part Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
How important is this part ? I noticed it's missing from my new fan housing and the current one lacks it too.

There's a nice pic of it on page 178 AA Catalog...

r_towle
keeps the mice out.

Rich
Bartlett 914
When the engine is idling, there is less air available for the cabin. The electric fan is used to boost the airfllow. The flappers act as check valves so the electric fan can provide more air.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 1 2008, 08:28 PM) *

When the engine is idling, there is less air available for the cabin. The electric fan is used to boost the airfllow. The flappers act as check valves so the electric fan can provide more air.

So they are closed at idle, or does the flow from the fan close them ?
davesprinkle
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 1 2008, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 1 2008, 08:28 PM) *

So they are closed at idle, or does the flow from the fan close them ?

Jim,

The flappers close off the fan housing when engine speed is low. This prevents air from the electric fan from escaping into the fan housing. As engine speed climbs, the higher pressure in the fan housing forces the flaps open.
rhodyguy
jim, which side do you need? l or r? is the pin it hangs on absent too?

k
jim_hoyland
Thanks for the info; now I know why the electric fan does't seem to push warm air into the cabin at idle. I assume. these can be put on when the SS HE are fitted. smile.gif

PM sent- KP

Here's a pic of the set up...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.