Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2009
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JoeSharp
Well we have a date, Memorial Weekend, 2009; the 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th. That gives us an extra travel day. I'm hoping to get a larger group that way.

We are looking at a logo for the event, but I can't find a way to post it.

We have Awards for Best of Show, Best -6, Best -4, Best Conversion, Best Paint, Best Interior and Best Engine Bay. We only need engraving for the plaques. Which brings us back to the logo.

We also need more classes for the Awards Ceremonies. We have always done Long Distence and George came up with "Best use of Time". But we need to give more Awards out to help spread the joy. I have suggested "Needs most Improvment".

Click to view attachment
HeloMech
A guy I work with has a CAD Laser engraver. If you come up with the stock plates, or whatever you want to engrave, I can see what he can do for you. I've heard that a neighbor of mine has an engraver as well, though I don't know if it's laser or rotary.

I'm pretty sure my vinyl cutter is back online. Haven't tried it yet since the software reinstall, but the software is running with the license key hasp now. (greek?)

I can monkey with that logo with my vectored clipart, that will give extremely crisp lines for the laser or vinyl as well.

As for awards, there should be one for "leaks most fluid types"... I think I'd win that one.

Did I miss WHERE this is..?
JoeSharp
Curently we are looking at Irvine and Dana Point for the location.
gregrobbins
What are the track fees?
JoeSharp
Somehow I knew that question was going to come up, I hope to give the same answer as Howard did.
gregrobbins
"Up Yours"

Joe, that's not nice. Seriously, any chance there could be a day at Willow Springs or Fontana? Maybe an autocross somewhere.
JoeSharp
We are working on an A/X with the POC OCR and RSR. OCR is approchable and the RSR said they could be used as back-up. The calender at OCR should be set this month. I'll be going to the Breakfast with The OCR on Saturday inorder to try to convince them we need an A/X on May the 24. If that happens we should be able to talk them into Driver Instruction on Saturday the 23 of May. If none of this can happen I will look into trying to get the Horse Thife Mile for us, which is only a wish and probably cost some Track Fee's.
TROJANMAN
ph34r.gif
proto31
If we are thinking about doing an autocross or driver's training session, which I think are both great ideas, we should see if we can gather up enough helmets. It's doubtful that anyone's going to be bringing one with them. I know that ORC has a bunch that they always bring to their AX events.
dw914er
if it is irvine, should we try to go to the cars and coffee event, and just dominate with the teeners. then do some sort of drive/cruise up to the race event?
euro911
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Sep 2 2008, 07:23 PM) *
A guy I work with has a CAD Laser engraver. If you come up with the stock plates, or whatever you want to engrave, I can see what he can do for you. I've heard that a neighbor of mine has an engraver as well, though I don't know if it's laser or rotary.

Cool Robert. I gave a friend at work a 914 pic I found ... he is going to see if he can burn the image onto some different materials and see how they come out. I don't know how many we'll be able to do ('G' job) at work

Here's the pic:
JoeSharp
Nice Mark
G e o r g e
Joe

as for schedule

do you really want to do all of the BBQing for three days? I think you are going to miss most of the weekend if your cooking for hours each day...

are these days sat sun and monday?

what are we doing for grub on fri?

is the drive on Saturday decided yet?

I think we should put together a drive or something fri mid morning for those who come in early and the locals
euro911
I don't know if I'd be able to swing it this year, but I've thought about buying a video projector. Then after dinner one night, we could project a good auto racing movie (like 'LeMans' or equivalent) up on a hi-rise building's exterior wall, transmit a wireless audio soundtrack the to your car's FM radio ... you know - a drive-in movie idea.gif
ahdoman
Hey Mark/Joe - If you want to do the video projector thing I've got that covered - One of the products we repesent is Sanyo projectors. I have access to a variety of projectors. Rocking PA systems (JBL) as well if we need them.
G e o r g e
Joe and all

Is the double tree aware we are coming? the thread in the garage leaves me wondering.

has double tree agreed to let us have a swap meet in their parking lot?

does the inn in Lancaster know we are coming?

As I have said I'm trying to ( first timer ) put the web site up, but have not had a great deal of time to focus on it. any help is appreciated

I'm putting the daily event info in rough draft form and we really need to Nail down "hard" times and drive routes so I can post maps and possible scenic pics

can we have each day mapped out so I can get he pages up

Fri

meet and great 1 pm - yellowsleep[1].gif

drive for locals and early arrivals?

Food?

Sat.

Coffee and cars

swap meet

drive

RC car auto cross

food when and where?

Sun

move to Lancaster 9 am -3pm ???

Show and shine 3:30-4:30

Dinner? where?

Awards,

Donation dispersment auction or raffle or what ever to be determined by amount of donations I would think

Mon

Track 7 am?

lunch?

go home.....?

euro911
Whats the site's URL, George?
JoeSharp
QUOTE(George H. @ Jan 30 2009, 06:39 PM) *

Joe and all

Is the double tree aware we are coming? the thread in the garage leaves me wondering.
Yes
has double tree agreed to let us have a swap meet in their parking lot?
We haven't told them about a swapmeet.
does the inn in Lancaster know we are coming?
No but there easy. They do car clubs all time. I'll get in touch with them this week

As I have said I'm trying to ( first timer ) put the web site up, but have not had a great deal of time to focus on it. any help is appreciated

Are you sure you want a website for this?

I'm putting the daily event info in rough draft form and we really need to Nail down "hard" times and drive routes so I can post maps and possible scenic pics

Thomas and Dan haven't done a pre run as of yet. I need to go along as I well need to do tthe "Q" there.

can we have each day mapped out so I can get he pages up

Fri

meet and great 1 pm - yellowsleep[1].gif Your right, thats my nap time.

drive for locals and early arrivals? We can do that as the canyons are near.

Food? jsharp.gif I'll start the "Q" about 4:30

Sat.

Coffee and cars 6am is their starting time. I don't think that our people will get up that early. We should try 7. Andy goes all the time I'll try to talk him into doing that part of the event.

swap meet.
Maybe we can drop this. My feeling is that if you go to the event to sell stuff you won't bring your 914

drive Thomas and Dan are handling this and I will be doing a "Q" there

RC car auto cross After the Drive

food when and where? Only lunch on sat.

Sun

move to Lancaster 9 am -3pm ??? Thomas and Dan will take some people on a drive, myself I'm going over early as we need to set up tech for the track day.

Show and shine 3:30-4:30 Perfect.

Dinner? where? There and catered, I have someone in mind.

Awards, After dinner. But tech could last all day.

Donation dispersment auction or raffle or what ever to be determined by amount of donations I would think

We need to look at all the stuff we are given and deside then

Mon
Track 7 am? We have the track from 8 am till 5 pm

lunch? We will probably have to cater it or I'll have to do it too.

go home.....? They can leave anytime they want, but we have to leave the track at 5 pm

Only way I could figure out to answer all of you questions. You can call me anytime.

Home 714-847-8002
Work 562-940-2350
Cell at work 323-351-4686

Thanks George.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.