Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures: Rolex Vintage Festival at Lime Rock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jd74914
So, this Labor Day (as usual) was the 26th Rolex Vintage Festival at Lime Rock Park in CT. I went with some friends from school and we had a great time. From my house its a great ride down there, and on the way back the GPS brought us down some really great roads (they also happened to be traffic free).

There were some really fine cars from all marques. Per usual I was stunned by the cars in the parking lots and the hospitality of the race teams. Its awesome being able to crawl over the cars, talk to the owners, and sit in them. biggrin.gif

Anyways, now for some pictures!

Before we left, my '74 with my good friend Mike's warmed-over Corvair. We have spent so many hours pouring over that car getting it to cool right. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

Parking next to an Italian market Dino. The owner's wife was complaining that they brought the wrong Ferrari. Poor people, as poor college students we didn't have too much empathy. laugh.gif Very nice people though. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

jd74914
Did BMW make a 2002 'vert?

Click to view attachment

Now some more classic cars out of the lots:

Click to view attachment
jd74914
Beautiful Jag.

Click to view attachment

A gorgeous Continental Orange Carrera 3.0. The owner was a younger English guy who bought it upon his move to the states as a 4 door replacement for his Elise.

Click to view attachment
jd74914
Now into the Paddock:

Beautiful hand pounded aluminum. drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

Coming off the track:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jd74914
This car had open pushrods and rockers. I think he said it was an aircraft-derived engine.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

jd74914
Now for some Bugatti action:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Me in car (not a Bugatti) with my CFR shirt. Disclaimer: Wasn't expecting this picture. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
jd74914
Ferrari's:

Click to view attachment
jd74914
Cool Ferrari with a really neat rear view mirror:

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
jd74914
Morgan.

Click to view attachment

drooley.gif aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
jd74914
And now for the Porsche's:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jd74914
This 911 was pretty holding up pretty well (considering its run group). It was a little like running a new GT3RS against a RS Spyder. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

This was my favorite of the vintage Porsche racecars. drooley.gif

Click to view attachment
jd74914
And the results can be found here.

That's all for now folks . . .

plymouth37
What an amazing collection of cars!
Thanks for the pics!
turboman808
I'll try to get around to uploading some video from the event.

I forgot to bring my camera so only s few snap shots.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Cevan
Here's a few I took. My longest one day drive in the teener (170 miles)! Parked in the Porsche padock.

The mother of all supercars (or at least the most expensive) 250GTO. A woman raced this car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I couldn't identify this one:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cevan
A couple more:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cevan
Didn't see this car until we were leaving. It didn't race as far as I could see.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jd74914
The 250GTO was amazing. A friend and I were standing literally 5ft from it when she was driving to the staging area. Wicked cool exhaust note . . .
beech4rd
This is a real Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa and is absolutely gorgeous. The large and not so gorgeous Testa Rossa of the early 1990's was named after this car.
Click to view attachment

And this is a BMW 2002 cabrio by Baur. The Baur company made all the cabriolet BMWs in Europe until BMW noticed how many were selling and then the ultimate tanning machine hit the streets
Click to view attachment

This was a great car show. My favorite (affordable) car was this Lancia Fulvia 1600HF. Kinda makes one wish that VW/Porsche had hired an Italian to design the 914
Click to view attachment
championgt1
Cool pictures! I love those Lotus Eleven's.
Cevan
Here is a quick video shot with my camera of the 250GTO and a few other cars in that group.
Gustl
QUOTE(beech4rd @ Sep 3 2008, 04:10 AM) *

And this is a BMW 2002 cabrio by Baur. The Baur company made all the cabriolet BMWs in Europe until BMW noticed how many were selling and then the ultimate tanning machine hit the streets
Click to view attachment

and this is a really rare on (if original) !!!

they only built 200 units in 1971
because the body was too weak they decided to do a Targa Version after this small production

here's the 2002 Targa (they built it until 1975)

IPB Image

from 1967 to 1971 they built the 1600-2 Cabrio

bye1.gif Gustl
jd74914
That's really neat. Thanks guys! smile.gif

It looked original. The seal channel on the top of the windshield looked like it was factory stamped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.