Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: do you use any gas additivies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Bill Smith
I read an article in Excellence magazine that you should use swepco fuel additive to get more performance out of you porsche engine. Just wondering if any one uses any type of fuel additive and if so what kind?
Bill
blitZ
I've been using Stabil lately with the ethanol enriched fuel we have now. It should prevent moisture buildup in the tank. I use SeaFoam in all my cars to remove carbon.
bangingears
I consult with a fuel company named Sports Racing Fuel, they have the ONLY additive that in my opinion works. Its called SURA, it is unleaded 118 race fuel, when mixed with 91 can achieve a 103 MOTOR octane. I sell 5 gallons for 75 dollars and that will mix 10 gallons (15 overall) of 103 (20 gallons overall) of 100 and (25 gallons overall) for 98 octane. you can find out more at sportsracingfuel.com
Joe Ricard
15 bucks a gallon?!?!?!?
What kind of compression are you running to require such high octane? Not to mention if this is mixed with E85 which already has a high octane rating.

Be curious to see what the Dyno numbers are for you motor running on that gas blend.
J P Stein
QUOTE(bangingears @ Sep 10 2008, 01:15 AM) *

I consult with a fuel company named Sports Racing Fuel, they have the ONLY additive that in my opinion works. Its called SURA, it is unleaded 118 race fuel, when mixed with 91 can achieve a 103 MOTOR octane. I sell 5 gallons for 75 dollars and that will mix 10 gallons (15 overall) of 103 (20 gallons overall) of 100 and (25 gallons overall) for 98 octane. you can find out more at sportsracingfuel.com

Is that leaded or unleaded?

175 bucks for 25 gal is considerably cheaper than what I'm paying now for VP101.
URY914
I use it in my street 914.
Joe Bob
Techron for my injected motors.....
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 10 2008, 04:45 PM) *

Techron for my injected motors.....

I'm with you Z.. use this in all my daily drivers one a year- then change oil/filter
70Sixter
One more for Techron.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.