Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fly Fishing + Teener Driving Event
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I was thinking of putting together a little event that combined some teener driving with some fly fishing for trout this spring somewhere around Bishop CA. I have heard that there is some good trout fishing to be had up there, and I think combining the two into a weekend might be fun.

I might look into incorporating some of this into the Lone Pine A/X as well.

Anyone else think this is worth pursuing? Let me know.

TIA
championgt1
Man if I was closer I would be all over this. Hope it happens for you. Great idea!! beerchug.gif
jimtab
Sounds good to me, I haven't fished near Bishop in 25 years or more, I hear they still have trout.....
toon1
That would be a blast. I'm in if time permits
Eric_Shea
I see a "Tight Line Teener" event (or events) in our future.

Green River anyone?

Sounds like the start of a good idea Joe.

IPB Image

I can see the logo already; bent fly rod, tight line superimposed on the S-curve hitting every apex just perfectly with a teener on the hook! LOL
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 4 2008, 04:08 PM) *

Green River anyone?

IPB Image

I can see the logo already; bent fly rod, tight line superimposed on the S-curve hitting every apex just perfectly with a teener on the hook! LOL

That's pretty big bait you're using Eric...even for NorCal rivers it's big bait....come to the McCloud river conservancy section with me....it's where I caught my 31" brown trout....
KaptKaos
QUOTE(jimtab @ Sep 4 2008, 06:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 4 2008, 04:08 PM) *

Green River anyone?

IPB Image

That's pretty big bait you're using Eric...even for NorCal rivers it's big bait....come to the McCloud river conservancy section with me....it's where I caught my 34" brown trout....

I was thinking Eric's brownie there was nice, but 34"!?!?!?!??!?!?!? Were you using a 9wt? I hope you had a lot of backing. Geez!
Eric_Shea
but 34"!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

H-e-l-l-o? He's lying! Well known for it, in fact. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Jeff that's hilarious. See... the factory thought it was a good idea too! lol3.gif
jimtab
I've got pics, and it was on an Orvis spring creek, 9'3" 5-line, took me about 25 minutes to land it, had to "slide down the creek" until I got the bitch in a pool where I could fight her to the bank, she was egg laden and was released after pictures and a few minutes to revive the fish. Best trout I've ever caught on a fly, including fishing in Alaska. Unique river, big spawning fish come up out of Lake Shasta every fall....I was lucky to land her. And, the fly was a Ted Fay pattern called a yellow jacket, #8, lead wrapped hook, and I still have the fly in my "fishin' hat".....got an Orvis "big fish" award for the catch. I also had fished with Ted Fay the day before on his 75th birthday. He was the master on the Upper Sacramento River and that area, had his own patterns that he developed for his upstream style, and he's the reason I learned to fly fish. He would fish through a run I had just worked with live "helgramites" when I was a kid in Dunsmuir(HS freshman) and he would pick up big fish that I had missed with the bait....it killed me. I was in school with his son Mike and talked him into getting his dad to show me how to use a fly rod. It was the beginning, and I never looked back. I still use other methods on occasion but fly fishing is the most satisfying to me. Oops the captain was right I was lying, it was 31", I just looked in my fishing diary to see my notes....still my best trout ever.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 4 2008, 08:16 PM) *

biggrin.gif

That would be a cool picture to re-create.....but where is the roof?
Eric_Shea
I've got pics

Photoshop. biggrin.gif

(nice fish Jim) wink.gif
jimtab
You know me well enough to know that I am incompetent with a computer, and, I don't have photoshop.....I have, however, disabled my own computer so it will not "browse" so I'm typing this on my wifes computer....see! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.