Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Road Rage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RoadKill
Greetings everyone. I am bob, better known as RoadKill. while reading my logs on my web stats, I found that a bunch of people from this forum was visiting my web site to see the damages done to my Porsche as a result of road rage.
I appreciate all of the responses and kind words. thank you!

I finally got the police report on that accident and I have posted it on my site. I can get a bit 'long winded' so I won't put the info on this post, but here is the address where you read about it. you will find the update right after the photo of the truck that hit me.

http://www.bloisetek.com/

Bob
craig downs
I read your story and it was very strange. Very glad your ok. Hard to imagine
by passing him with no reason to piss him off would send him in a tizzy and then do what he did.

welcome.png

dw914er
appropriate name. Glad you're alright, and welcome to the world
LarryR
HOLY S&*^ that sucks. I think attempted murder fits the bill well. I hope they give the guy some jail time.
championgt1
Glad you are ok! I think the driver of the truck should be hung!!
Bartlett 914
Glad to hear that you are all right.

So where is the story now? Is this still under investigation or was his story accepted and all parties are expected to move on?
charliew
I'm glad that didn't happen to me. I'm not sure what I would do in that situation. They might put me in jail.
carr914
Gonna play Devil's advocate here, definately not trying to start a Flame war.

1. I just don't buy the conspiricy theory of Big Oil trying to kill you over the HHO

2. Our cars are tiny, especially compared to a rig. There is the chance he lost sight of you.

3. You weren't "stuck" under his front wheels, otherwise you'd be dead. You were in front being pushed.

4. Have you considered that the roar/full throttle was him downshifting/engine braking.

5. You said he stopped 3/4 mile down the road. I don't see where that constitutes Hit & Run. The fact that he left skidmarks after he saw you spit out, then accelerated - maybe he was trying to get out of traffic lanes to not cause any other accidents.

6. Consider yourself Lucky that you didn't continue across the median into oncoming traffic.

7. Why didn't you get an appraisal as the Insurance requested?

I'm glad that you are OK and the car is definately fixable by the look of the pictures.

btw: in your HHO application, where does the water/steam in the combustion chamber go? I see hydrolock

T.C.
RoadKill
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 4 2008, 10:53 AM) *

Gonna play Devil's advocate here, definately not trying to start a Flame war.

1. I just don't buy the conspiricy theory of Big Oil trying to kill you over the HHO

BOB SAYS: the thought of BIG OIL came when a friend of mine wrote and reminded me of the many attempts on other people building the same type of system.

2. Our cars are tiny, especially compared to a rig. There is the chance he lost sight of you.

BOB SAYS: but as I said in the update, he feels a thump, then hears a rumbling sound, he doesn't see me anymore, anywhere. If he has an ounce of a brain he should have been able to figure that I was stuck on the front of his bumper with his tires trying to roll over me.

3. You weren't "stuck" under his front wheels, otherwise you'd be dead. You were in front being pushed.

BOB SAYS: read previous response to #2

4. Have you considered that the roar/full throttle was him downshifting/engine braking.

BOB SAYS: absolutely not, the sound of the motor did not rise higher in rpm as it would if he downshifted. I could hear the stronger roar and feel the thrust as it pushed the door into me and it slammed my head against the partially opened window. It was definitely an increase in speed and torque.

5. You said he stopped 3/4 mile down the road. I don't see where that constitutes Hit & Run. The fact that he left skidmarks after he saw you spit out, then accelerated - maybe he was trying to get out of traffic lanes to not cause any other accidents.

BOB SAY: I don't think that was the case. Although I40 is a busy highway, the eastbound lane had very little traffic at that time. The only other vehicle near us was the other tractor-trailer and he was about 1/2 mile behind us. On that section of road, he had plenty of shoulder space to pull over. Plus, why wouldn't a trucker want to stop if he thought he blew a tire? What trucker would attempt to go faster when he thinks he has a blown tire? Where did he think I went after his 'claim' that I was passing on the shoulder on the rumble bumps? In my opinion, I believe a CB'er let him know there were witnesses and that was why he decided to stop. But then again, that is my opinion. smile.gif

6. Consider yourself Lucky that you didn't continue across the median into oncoming traffic.

BOB SAYS: I do consider myself lucky.

7. Why didn't you get an appraisal as the Insurance requested?

BOB SAYS: I did, I had purchased the insurance when I bought the car. Because of the age, I couldn't get full coverage until I had an appraisal. I brought the car over to DR 914 at AutoAtlanta in Marietta, GA to have new cv joints, axles, clutch repairs and new cables installed. George did an appraisal for me, however, George wasn't there when I picked up the car. He was going to mail the appraisal to me so I could get the full coverage on the car. The truck crashed into me before I got the appraisal, so therefore, I only had liability. NOTE: the accident happened only a couple days after I picked up the car from George. sad.gif

I'm glad that you are OK and the car is definitely fixable by the look of the pictures.

BOB SAYS: thank you....

btw: in your HHO application, where does the water/steam in the combustion chamber go? I see hydrolock

BOB SAYS: Water doesn't go into the combustion chamber. The water is in a pressure tank with stainless plates where it is converted into hydrogen and oxygen. One quart of water turns into approximately 1667 cubic feet of gas. If you watch your exhaust pipes you will always see water dripping out. the reaction inside of the combustion chamber burns the hydrogen and oxygen forming a small amount of water, that water plus the additional normal water then absorbs the heat energy and through a process called 'the latent heat of evaporation' converts the heat energy into inertia. The gain from that conversion is very small compared to the gain from the more complete burning of the gasoline. Keep an eye on my site, I will be posting the complete set of plans with explanations, etc, etc, and of course, etc. pictures and videos will be available on the site. NOTE: I am NOT selling these units, I am only sharing my knowledge.

T.C.
carr914
Bob, Like I said, Glad your OK. Hope that you will be able get the car fixed. And I certainly meant no offense, just wanted to bring up a few questions/thoughts I had. And very sorry about your Penni.

all the best, T.C.
DBCooper

Also sorry about Penni. But about your accident I think you had an accident. Too bad about the car.

Now about you being able to produce hydrogen fuel from water using a "small electrical current", well.... that's on a par with finding a Bigfoot carcass lying around in the woods.
IronHillRestorations
Sorry for the loss of your Penni, Bob you have my condolences.

Good thing you didn't have any loss of life or limb in the accident. The truck driver is no doubt grossly negligent, and I would agree on the attempted murder/manslaughter. That guy shouldn't drive again.

I'm only about an hour away from you, in Parsons. I've got some of the new parts you'll need if you are going to have the car repaired.
RoadKill
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 4 2008, 08:14 AM) *

Glad to hear that you are all right.

So where is the story now? Is this still under investigation or was his story accepted and all parties are expected to move on?

His insurance company sent an adjuster out today. I have 23 legal firms calling me, emailing me and sending me snail mail to go after him. I am going to pick out the most aggressive attorney I can find.
RoadKill
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Sep 4 2008, 02:58 PM) *

Also sorry about Penni. But about your accident I think you had an accident. Too bad about the car.

Now about you being able to produce hydrogen fuel from water using a "small electrical current", well.... that's on a par with finding a Bigfoot carcass lying around in the woods.

thanks...

as far as the HHO from a small current, very possible by finding the capacitance of the plates with air as the dielectric and then again with distilled water. Then you build a resonant circuit that will take a sample of the phase, voltage and current going to the cell to feedback and control the frequency of the modulator to keep it at resonance. So far, the experimentation that has already been done shows LARGE amounts of HHO with very little current. It actually is bit different than electrolysis. With electrolysis you have to use BRUTE FORCE to get the gas. I will keep you posted on the project.
RoadKill
QUOTE(9146986 @ Sep 4 2008, 04:49 PM) *

Sorry for the loss of your Penni, Bob you have my condolences.

Good thing you didn't have any loss of life or limb in the accident. The truck driver is no doubt grossly negligent, and I would agree on the attempted murder/manslaughter. That guy shouldn't drive again.

I'm only about an hour away from you, in Parsons. I've got some of the new parts you'll need if you are going to have the car repaired.

I definitely will be repairing the car. I love that car. After I bring the car to DR 914 I will have him contact you if he needs any of the parts.

thanks.....
RoadKill
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 4 2008, 02:34 PM) *

Bob, Like I said, Glad your OK. Hope that you will be able get the car fixed. And I certainly meant no offense, just wanted to bring up a few questions/thoughts I had. And very sorry about your Penni.

all the best, T.C.

Absolutely no offense taken. I would have asked the same questions.
SGB
Wow. Thats a hell of a story. It is a really sweet 914. The HHO technology is really fascnating, and I've no doubt it could come to fruition. The economics drive everything so maybe some potential is developing to embrace and refine it. I also do not doubt that there are some individuals who would prefer we continue to burn our resources as fast and wastefully as possible, while the profits are good. I think it is unlikely that an idiot Alabama truck driver would be chosen to deliver the message to you by them to cease and desist with the gas saving experiments. I think he is just an idiot. There are quite a few around. It is sad that your wife passed away before riding in the car again, but she did get to be reminded of its importance to you both before she passed. I'm sure those were happy thoughts.

Good luck with fixing the car. It can be done. I understand why it is this specific car, not another one. That is how it should be.
So.Cal.914
Bob, maybe you should have invented a better Mouse trap. The Mice don't come after you. smile.gif

welcome.png
Mr.C
Ever hear of the Kendig Carburetor? I got the story first hand from his son on how big oil killed their invention. Don't get me wrong, they didn't send a black semi roaming the streets for them or anything like that. (I wouldn't put it past them though.) If you don't sell them your invention they'll find other ways to kill it.
When they applied for their patent they discovered that oil companies owned most of the patents on carburetors at that time, something like 2/3s out of 75,000 patents.
This guys mind works completely out of the box. I could sit and talk with him for hours.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.