Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '76 2.0 Malaga Red - East Coast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Racer
1976 Porsche 914 2.0
VIN number is: 4762903306.
Malaga Red (color code L30C) with Black basket weave interior.

Mileage is about 101,000 on the original engine. It doesn't smoke or have any bad habits, just runs great every time. Still has the original fuel injection. I am the 3rd owner. The previous owner bought the car in '92 and it had about 75k miles on it at that time. He poured over $30K into the car during his ownership. I bought it December ’07 with 99k miles on it and have continued keeping the car up to date. Car recently had a valve adjustment, oil change, timing adjustment and full brake service (fresh fluid, bleeding with ATE Gold and fresh Pagid R4S pads front and rear).

The car looks great and drives great! The paint is in very good condition. The rockers and battery box are very solid. The trunks look great too. I searched quite a while for a QUALITY car and knew when I found one! The previous owner showed the car quite a bit and it looks great! Some features of the car are:

• Roof sanded and painted car color, Malaga Red
• Turbo tie rods, front and rear sway bars with new bushings, Heavy duty rear coil springs (100#), Bilstein shocks
• Interior mounted kill switch for theft prevention
• Stainless steel heat exchangers and “upgrade” to 1973 2.0 muffler
• Halogen headlights
• Chassis stiffening kit
• short shift kit with reverse lockout kit
• stainless steel brake lines with 19mm master cylinder
• lowered ride height with full negative camber
• 4 powder coated Mahle wheels with recent tires (165s),
• 5 Fuchs with RA1 tires (205-50s)
• 1 styled steel wheel (spare) and 2 Pedrini wheels
• two gauge auxiliary package - oil pressure and oil temp in place of the ash tray (still have ash tray). Of note, this car did not have a center console.
• passenger side rear view mirror
• Period correct rear luggage rack
• Bursch muffler
• Optima sealed gel battery and Battery tender.
• Safety devices bolt in roll cage (includes knee bar and V brace)
• Brand new 6-pt G-Force safety harnesses (installed 2008)
• Kirkey race seats (installed in 2008 - Factory seats and backpad go with the car)
• Sparco quick release steering wheel (Factory wheel too)
• Front trunk mounted oil cooler
• Accusump mounted in the rear trunk
• New fire extinguisher mounted on the center tunnel
• Bra – complete with PORSCHE lettering
• Original owners manual with even some dealer services performed in the 1st year.

All enhancements were made with reversibility in mind. Car can be enjoyed as a weekend driver, shined up as a show car or taken to the track/autocross venues and surprise everyone with its capabilities!

Several boxes of spare parts, new and old also go with the car.

Asking $12,000. Contact me, Dave email at racer_d911@hotmail.com or via pm

Plenty of pics available here: http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd328/racer_d911/
Racer
Bump smile.gif
Racer
Another bump.. I've been told the market is dead now for fantastic cars like this one.. but if your interested, let me know! smile.gif
jesiv
Dave,

So I didn't see any smog equipment on the car? Does/should it have an air pump or cat? In CA we still have to smog a 76.

Regards,

james
Racer
QUOTE(jesiv @ Oct 15 2008, 06:51 PM) *

Dave,

So I didn't see any smog equipment on the car? Does/should it have an air pump or cat? In CA we still have to smog a 76.

Regards,

james

It appears any smog equipment the car had, has long since been removed (not sure exactly what that consisted of for a '76, NON-Catalyst equipped 914 though). Understandably, this could be an issue for California laws. While it passes both NJ and VA emmissions limits, I guess it would not pass a "visual" inspection?

Racer
Bump. Still available. Open to reasonable offers. Spring will be here soon!
Racer
Bump.. Spring is coming!
Cupomeat
Dave,

Why are you selling? Looks like all your P cars are going to be gone...

as well as a "Bump"
Racer
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Mar 16 2009, 10:07 AM) *

Dave,

Why are you selling? Looks like all your P cars are going to be gone...

as well as a "Bump"

I know.. well, the first 914 I had from 1987-1999.. then the 911 from 1999-2006.. then I tried the boxster for 1 year.. now the current 914 since 2007.. But since 2004 its been a delicate "family time vs hobby car" balancing act and the now the hobby car is starting to lose out. sad.gif
Racer
Bump
Racer
bump - still available. New rubber fuel lines in engine compartment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.