Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flyer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JoeSharp
Welcome any comments, this is from Betsy.

Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
4 viewers and no comments. Come on guys and gals, good bad or indefferent. Please say something. We need a Flyer for the GAF or what ever it is called today.
G e o r g e
my computer says no to looking at flyer

is the link the same format as the logo? because i pull that up just fine
JoeSharp
Try this format. I think it will post here.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

G e o r g e
I like # 3

but anyone would work

JoeSharp
Well folks, so far the voting is completely unnanimus, this landslide urges us to contemplate the number 42. At this time I believe we will be using #3 unless the voting populess changes the direction of the Landslide.
/L.
# 3 is OK for a flyer. But I was trying to think of some kind of logo to put on t-shirts and other little junks.
JoeSharp
Hey Linda, the logo is on the bottom left of the flyer's and most of #4
proto31
I like the first one best, the only thing I would change on it and all the other flyers is to have it say "So. Cal" instead of "So. Calif", it just sounds cooler. Sorry to tip the voting scales a bit, I just think the first one has a bit mor character and kind stands out more.

Dan
JoeSharp
We printed them out here and the print on #3 doesn't stand out at all so we need to make some more changes. Check back again and we will have some editing done.
Elliot Cannon
I like number three as well. The Porsche 914 lettering is kinda small but I think most people know this is a 914 event.
JoeSharp

Latest update on flyers.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
I like the second one.
G e o r g e
agree.gif 2
proto31
I like #2 now as well. Looking good!
G e o r g e
So did the flyer's go out?

any info on the hotel yet?

anyone care to add to the list of possible Donors?
So.Cal.914
[i]
QUOTE(/L. @ Sep 8 2008, 04:33 PM) *

# 3 is OK for a flyer. But I was trying to think of some kind of logo to put on t-shirts and other little junks.

Somebody say T-Shirts?

Click to view attachment
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 4 2008, 08:13 PM) *

Welcome any comments, this is from Betsy.

Click to view attachment

Who is Betsy? Just curious... confused24.gif
/L.
very nice Paul!
So.Cal.914
Thank You Linda, I gave this design to Joe weeks ago. I was surprised not to see it here. sad.gif
G e o r g e
Paul

I think your art work looks good, but i believe we are waiting on some art from dempwolf, as Joe said he is a really good artist. then we will have some options to chose from.

at the meeting we as a collective agreed to go for a more "cartoon-ish" look to the main event art/logo.

examples can be seen by going to the Pomona swap meet site and looking at their t shirt and main page art work.

I think all yours needs to get closer would be to loose the outline and add a couple 14's , and "balloon" it up a bit.

but i also know that until we finalize dates and location nothing can be 100% decided

that's my 2 cents anyway

George

add to the donator list
So.Cal.914
i believe we are waiting on some art from dempwolf, as Joe said he is a really good artist.

Well cool. Sounds like you have it handled. I won't bother then, my work will make a nice logo for my company I am starting when I get to Hawaii. Less the teener and font of course.

Thanks George for the info. (where is that pulling teeth smilie)
JoeSharp
I'm sorry Paul, I didn't mean to leave you out of the loop. But you see we had no loop at the time you sent me the stuff. I just forwarded it to some of the members of the committee. We wern't using this fourm yet and we had made no choices yet. A few days from the GAF we still had no flyer so Betsy made up a few and we chose one. We need one for the PCA A/X this weekend and this one has the 2 websites on it (World and NARP). Betsy hasn't sent it to me yet so it has not been posted. The picture in the background of the flyer is from 05 and is Dekman's. We only did it beacuse we needed something to show and as soon has we have more information it will change again.
We should know Sunday weather or not the OCR PCA is going to have an A/X for us. So the flyer will need to be changed then.
So keep sending your stuff and lets build and better flyer.
So.Cal.914
/L. Sep 8 2008, 04:33 PM Post #7

NICE 914

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,392

--------------------

Linda Horne
CW? me?

1972 - 1.7 (w/carbs) in black, that gets 49 miles per gallon

Joe Sharp Sep 8 2008, 05:45 PM Post #8

My stash of GOLD

Group: Members
Member No.: 898

Hey Linda, the logo is on the bottom left of the flyer's and most of #4

--------------------

Well I guess I mis-read the posts above. I did the Porsche Font 'WCR-09' for

George. I said I would help, and I did. I am a Man of my word. I was told the logo needed to be done by

the 12th so I humped for hours to get it done for you ASAP.

I think your art work looks good, but i believe we are waiting on some art from dempwolf, as Joe said he is a really good artist. then we will have some options to chose from.

at the meeting we as a collective agreed to go for a more "cartoon-ish" look to the main event art/logo.

This spoke volumes, you never mentioned this to me .(?) If you wanted your buddies to do this work that is fine. I am trying to get my house ready to move, the last thing I needed was to play games. You should have told me Joe.

The best of luck to you all with this event, and I do mean that. bye1.gif
G e o r g e
Paul

Since you quoted me I thought I would throw out a reply

first this is only my opinion

I saw your art work as Joe had sent it to me and others

I thought the first batch was ok,
after you modified it ,they got better
and as I have said your last one looks good,
but I believe we hoping to have more than 1 option for the final Art work

that being said, I think you need to know that your efforts are appreciated and needed, but getting irritated because you have competition from another "non-member" seems silly.

again I appreciate you putting the WCR 09 emblem logo together for me, but I'm not going to do anything with it until I get some kind of committee approval.
if people want to go a different direction for a event logo than that's what will happen, Like you I'm just trying to help, but if all my ideas get shot down no big deal. I don't do this for a living, but I do think everything needs to look professional if we are hoping to get a descent amount of sponsorship.

As of now I believe your art is the only option, so I would keep your head up. And realize the situation, none of us are event planners were carpenters, engineers, retirees, auto dismantlers, plumbers, machinists, lawyers , post workers and other occupations. just trying to put a nice party together. so put that smile back on your face

george
JoeSharp
Thanks George.
Paul, please keep going with your art work. We have no idea whats coming at us or if anything is coming at all. We would like to see lots of stuff but as Greenie said to me that 60% of the people that say they will do something for the event don't and we will end up doing it ourselvs.
My hat is off to you just for doing something and you have sent us 3 peices of your work. As George said, everything will have to go thru the committee. We even did it for the flyer that we needed for the GAF. We will need another flyer for the next A/X as we still don't have an A/X date yet. Which brings me to another thread about a change of date for the event.
So.Cal.914
getting irritated because you have competition from another "non-member" seems silly.

George I have no problem with competition, as an artist I am used to competing for work. I was irritated I did not get the same info as the others. If that info was here then I am irritated I had to ask for a password "Twice" and arrived late for the party. Is it here?

I have very little spare time, when I check the sites its to take a break from CS3.
And in my spare time I am getting my house ready to sell before I loose it(You want a laugh, come watch a cripple trying that) and trying to arrange for shipping for all my shit to hawaii (what a freaking nightmare). I pulled out of my life for 24 hrs to give to the other "non-members" for what I felt was a Great Cause...Socal is due for a WCR and I wanted to be a part of making it an event to remember, keep in mind that I will be 3000 miles away when the event happens. A picture really is worth a thousand words and is what draws the eye first. If it is plain that is the type of Impact Factor it will have. When I finally got here, and no offence to the artist that made the blue logo, I read that is the logo that will be used for T-shirts and other items. I don't have the luxury of working 8 hours and the other 16 hours are my own. I work all day and night with a 5 hour break for sleep.

So why had I been stressing out about getting this work to you all? Because I said I would. If nothing else my Word is Gold.

So Yes, George, I was irritated but not for the reasons you threw out. I am irritated because the cost of living has out grown my income, I am irritated that the last two months I had to sell almost everything of value to avoid forclosure, I am irritated that another month is coming to an end and I still own this house, I am irritated that I have to hear my wife tell me I give away to much work. But most of all I am irritated that I wanted to help but I don't have the time any longer...It was waisted.

I hope you can use that Logo, it can be used over and over, if not I tried. bye1.gif

G e o r g e
Paul

we are all very busy and the efforts to put this event together are going to cut into everyone who's involveds free time.

I don't know what info or directions you had been given. as Joe told all of us at the meeting that you wanted to help be apart and we should try and have you do some of the items, like I did, again thanks.

Don't quit on us just yet, lets see what else is submitted, yours maybe the best "baseline" and we may need or like you to adjust it.

I'm sure moving prep sucks, and I understand financial instability.

And I hope your move to Hawaii goes well , i know you have been planning this for a number of years.

lastly your time on your art wasn't wasted, the flyer that was handed out at GAF
isn't the official flyer. we don't even have a solid date or location yet. until then everything else is just prep work
euro911
WTF.gif

I'll come back when things cool down a little sad.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 26 2008, 11:52 PM) *

WTF.gif

I'll come back when things cool down a little sad.gif

your waiting for Winter? confused24.gif

smile.gif
euro911
I'd like to start handing out flyers to some co-workers and such, but not sure if we have finalized one yet?

Feedback please ... confused24.gif
JoeSharp
The problem is I'm idiot on the computer. I'm trying to figure out how to get the file to the guy that makes the plates and don't know how to get it done. Send me an e-mail and I'll try to send you the file.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.