Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auratium Green
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dennis
I am going to paint my 914 Auratium Green; a 356 color. Has anyone painted their car recently with this color and have the modern paint code for it? I have the old Porsche number but that doesn't convert to modern paints. I understand that John Wilhoit can provide a 5"x8" card with this color for color analysis but I'm doing so
me checking with car clubs to get a recent formula. Appreciate any help.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dennis @ Sep 5 2008, 09:22 AM) *

I am going to paint my 914 Auratium Green; a 356 color. Has anyone painted their car recently with this color and have the modern paint code for it? I have the old Porsche number but that doesn't convert to modern paints. I understand that John Wilhoit can provide a 5"x8" card with this color for color analysis but I'm doing so

In order to look it up, one would need the "old" 356 code ...
shades.gif Andy
SirAndy
Nevermind, i looked it up myself ... rolleyes.gif

Glasurit has it.
http://www.glasurit.com/COLOR/new-color-on....php?language=1

Type in "5712" in the Code Field and hit "Start Search" and it'll pop up ...
bye1.gif Andy
anderssj
Nice color . . .

Looked good on this '59 at the Charlotte Parade wub.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Dennis @ Sep 5 2008, 01:22 PM) *

Wilhoit has the color cards and the codes for getting the proper paint in todays formulas...its not exactly the same color, but its damn close.

Call John, he is really cool and willing to help, thats why he puts all that on his site.

Rich
Dennis
Thank you for all the help.
joeswaim
QUOTE(Dennis @ Sep 6 2008, 09:38 AM) *

Thank you for all the help.

Did you paint your 914 auratium green?
I am looking to paint my 914 the same color
Could you share pics?

Thanks

Joe

Jswaim59@gmail.com
Unobtanium-inc
You have a lot of latitude with this color, I've seen at least 5 versions in the last 10 years, all claiming to be "correct". It's a strange color, almost a machine green. We've had a couple of them over the years.
sixnotfour
he posted these pics..
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&p=2138072
buck toenges
Great color. Isn't it sorta like willow green?
tomh
Stay original colors in my opinion. With the costs of prepping and painting these days I would be remiss in painting my hard earned 914 an off color.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Nov 27 2019, 11:15 AM) *

Great color. Isn't it sorta like willow green?

wilhoit sample.. I like Willow way better..
BENBRO02
QUOTE(tomh @ Nov 27 2019, 05:18 PM) *

Stay original colors in my opinion. With the costs of prepping and painting these days I would be remiss in painting my hard earned 914 an off color.

I agree, no color is better than than the original color.
jmitro
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Nov 27 2019, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(tomh @ Nov 27 2019, 05:18 PM) *

I agree, no color is better than than the original color.

just my opinion but I don't think it matters UNLESS you only paint the exterior and leave the trunk and wheelwells/etc the original color. Now THAT looks bad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.