Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me your TANGERINE color 914's!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nsr-jamie
Hi, would love to see pictures of peoples cars that are painted in TANGERINE or paint code #21E....the original paint color of my car is this color and years ago I repainted my car in polar silver and now I want to go back to the original color (Tangerine) along with some steel GT flares and other goodies.

Please post your pictures of Tangerine cars and even some Signal orange cars so I can see the difference between the two.

Thank you and cheers
Jamie
dflesburg
Tangerine is almost dead on for Allison-Chalmers Orange you can get at any local Tractor Supply store.

Signal Orange looks much lighter.

http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.html

DipShit
Signal Orange
Gint
Gimme a minute...

It's pretty hard to get pictures of red and orange that really portray the actual color. But here's a tangerine shot for ya.

IPB Image
DipShit
Factory Signal Orange
brant
let me see if this works:

IPB Image
Lavanaut
What I love about tangerine is the way it appears to change color depending on the light, from more-orange to more-red. Here are a couple different pics of the same car (a nice 1970 914-6).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Lavanaut
...and here's a so-so shot of a nice looking signal orange /6. The colors are really very different.

Click to view attachment
carr914
Here is smg914's 914-6GT in Tangerine

Click to view attachment

and my Signal Orange Six

Click to view attachment

They are night & day different.

T.C.

tronporsche
And Jaime, just to throw you off even more with the six Lavanaut just showed you, here is my car, I call it copper-sunburnt-orange. It changes colors, from a burnt orange, to a copper, brownish, like the six in Lavanuts picture. Have fun biggrin.gif I find it truly amazing what light does to a paint job. Have you ever considered a chameleon orange to red 914 ? I haven't seen anyone with a chameleon paint on a 914 yet, and it would be awesome !!!
Todd Enlund
Mine is Tangerine, but it's an oxidized repaint.

Wow, I forgot what it looked like when it was whole:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
tronporsche
Todd, not to get off of the subject, but I notice you have quite a collection of "soda pop" bottles there, or are those "special" oil bottles for the 914 !!! Speaking of "soda pop" bottles , It's time for me to crack one open !!!!
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(tronporsche @ Sep 5 2008, 01:13 PM) *

Todd, not to get off of the subject, but I notice you have quite a collection of "soda pop" bottles there, or are those "special" oil bottles for the 914 !!! Speaking of "soda pop" bottles , It's time for me to crack one open !!!!

They are "brain cell lube".
9146FAN
Click to view attachment

My favorite is Tangerine too. Here's a recent pic of my 6 project. This shot is very true to the actual color. I used a three stage Dupont; base, color and clear.
orange914
our 73 is signal orange. out of the 2 colors sitting side by side i prefer tangerine.
Click to view attachment
nsr-jamie
Guys! Wow! Thanks! Those are awesome pictures!! I have to admit the tangerine is much better looking than the signal orange (No offense). That is the color for me and amazingly the correct color for my car. Thank you !!!! I want to go back to that color someday when I do the full restore (maybe next year). Right now my car is done in Polar Silver, its been like that for many years. Thank you !! I love the pictures, please keep posting when you can!!

Jamie
Midtowner
I tell folks that I own an Orange 914. Then I get a typical "Uhhh, really?" response. Then they see the car and say: "Wow, that's a really nice color!" Happens all the time! biggrin.gif

Here is a picture of Dan Thompson's L21E and my L20E. Both are great colors!

nsr-jamie
Hi Midtowner, thanks for the picture and post...I am guessing the Tangerine car is the car in front (#5)? Excellent picture!! That is what I was looking for, to compare the two oranges together....tangerine is my color and also has a cute name too biggrin.gif
orthobiz
And isn't our future Car of the Month Tangerine???

Paul
Rav914
QUOTE(9146FAN @ Sep 5 2008, 09:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

My favorite is Tangerine too. Here's a recent pic of my 6 project. This shot is very true to the actual color. I used a three stage Dupont; base, color and clear.

Wow! Great work. Beautiful restoration in progress. smilie_pokal.gif
iamchappy
Signal,

Tangerine and Phoenix Red are very similar (I think).
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Sep 6 2008, 08:04 PM) *

Tangerine and Phoenix Red are very similar (I think).

Very similar, actually kinda hard to tell if they are oxidized, unless they are side-by-side.
DanT
Phoenix has just a bit more red in it. Until Tangerine and Phoenix Red side by side they are tough to tell apart.

the car (#5) in the Pic that Midtowner posted is my old Puttputt. It is actually Phoenix Red code L32K.

But it is extremely close to Tangerine.....
nsr-jamie
Wow! Some nice pictures there and some very amazing cars! Makes me feel a bit jealous...hope to have my car looking that good sometime next year. Please keep posting pics of Tangerine cars if you have them and I also noticed the 914 of the month is tangerine too biggrin.gif Cool!!
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Sep 6 2008, 08:35 PM) *

Paul

Technically it is #23 "Blutorange" (blood orange). Stateside it was called Tangerine.
kenschipper
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Sep 8 2008, 07:02 AM) *

QUOTE(orthobiz @ Sep 6 2008, 08:35 PM) *

Paul

Technically it is #23 "Blutorange" (blood orange). Stateside it was called Tangerine.

Here is a shot of a bunch from the 2005 WCC. Some are Tangerine, others are Pheonix Red.

Click to view attachment

kenschipper
This is still my favorite 914/6. Robert Decker's Tangarine car. Photo from 2005 WCC.

Click to view attachment

Ken

nsr-jamie
Whoa, check out the size of those flares! Wow! That is one cool car!! Anyway to find more pics and info about the car?
jmill
Yeah, that one is sweet. I'm not a big fan of spoilers but that one I like. Is that a one off piece or is it available to us normal folks?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.