Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good 914 Mechanic West SFV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Went to my first weekend with POC at streets of Willow. Car ran great, but driving at these speeds would like to have a qualified person take a good look at car and see if anything needs to be done. PO seems to have done a pretty good job, but would like to have his work checked. Any rec's for West San Fernando valley to 1000 Oaks?
seanery
Man, a friend used to have a Porsche shop in Burbank. Lemme see if I can remember his shop's name. WERKS II is also out that way. California Cars in Callabassas will do service for you (I think, they used to do my buddy's 951). TRE in North Hollywood builds TONS of RS style 911 cars and some GT 914s. Dave Bouzaglou (I'm sure it's spelled wront). TRE would be my first choice. TRE web.
seanery
This was on the first page of their website:
IPB Image
Owner Dave in his 914-6
drew365
California Cars in Calabasas is bye, bye. I second the TRE recomendation. Don't know anyone further west. Howard, your car felt pretty good at the track, but I think it's a good idea to climb under it after every event with some wrenches and tighten everything you see. It's a good way to start to learn about your car.
Howard
Agree about California Cars. They are off the list; details on request.

Andy, thanks again for your patience teaching me how to drive. First run 1:41 - last run 1:27. A couple of more sessions and I'll have the track record rolleyes.gif

I'd rave more about the overall reception from POC but too many people already show up. Great group; all very helpful. Amazing how a stock 914/4 can stay with those much faster cars on that short track.
steve@ottosvenice.com
There is only one place to take your 914 that is OTTO's. Steve
steve@ottosvenice.com
Here is a Ottos 914. Steve
seanery
Steve, I know you work for Ottos and all, but...
When I bought my 74 blue car in '99 I called Otto's. You know I saw the ads in Pano, Excellence, etc... Well the couple people I talked to acted like they had no time for me. All I asked was "Is there a time when I can bring the car in and you can look at it and we can discuss what is necessary to make it A. Reliable and B. A good track car" They said they couldn't help me for weeks. Not that they couldn't work on it, but that they couldn't look at it or talk to me.
So, Otto's is a nogo for me.
seanery
That was a poor decision on their part because at that time I had far more money than time. I've spent lots of cash on that car-ALL CASH, too.
Joe Bob
Same thing happened to me....about 10 years ago. I also hate it when he denies that his name is NOT Otto.... blink.gif
steve@ottosvenice.com
Well I am there now and I will take care of you. Steve
campbellcj
Howard - glad to hear you made it out there and had a great time! I took the weekend off but will be at the next one. Good work on your times too; I think it took me several events to make that kind of drop!

FWIW Ottos has done a ton of work for me over the last 5 years and I have been extremely satisfied; PLUS the guys are very active in POC and can help with trackside support, car setup, tech inspection, driving instruction, race parts sourcing, and so forth. JW (Otto) has bailed me out several times with spares at the track, as he travels with a van loaded with tools and goodies.

I have a lot of respect for Dave B (TRE) as well, Dave & Tyson have cranked out some sweet projects lately, and Dave is also a POC guy and 914 fan. But I am not sure that they work on 4-cyl cars? A lot of Porsche shops don't...which is actually how I got hooked up with Ottos in the first place. JW and Steve are HUGE 914 fans. JW has been racing 914's since I was 5 years old...which was a LONG time ago smilie_flagge24.gif They have a large stash of used parts and can get some surprisingly good deals on new parts too.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help...as you know I am just a few clicks down the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.