Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gearing Analyzer application for y'all
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Air_Cooled_Nut
For those interested in custom gearing their transaxle (or other gearbox), here's an Excel application I made, free to download:
http://excel.icbm.org/applications.html

I used the earlier version for my VW Type III 5-speed. Truth be told, there's nothing like experiencing the real thing. Sometimes numbers on paper just don't tell you enough compared to what your body can experience. But this should help out in the "what if?" department driving.gif
TimT
Truth be told, there's nothing like experiencing the real thing. Sometimes numbers on paper just don't tell you enough compared to what your body can experience

Werd smoke.gif

I've built more than one gearbox, basing the gear sets purely on the results from a spreadsheet, only to be disappointed when I took the car on track driving.gif
roadster fan
Wow, not sure how it all works yet but this looks like a great tool.

Jim
orange914
nice work!

i'm sure there are threads with seat of the pants different combo.'s for daily driver, different tracks, various engines ect... that would be nice along side this. i don't know if i'll ever get this far into our car (it would be nice). the factor ratio's always felt... poorly matched.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.