Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harness again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
24/7 911
Hi,
as I said in my introduction, I want to get racing seats (Recaro SPG) in my 914.

Figured out that it will be easy to use the original seat rails together with a slightly reworked adapterplate. smile.gif

As advised in several threads here the harness will be boltet directly to the firewall directly behind the seats in the height of the holes in the seats.

I intend to use eye bolts and snap-on brackets on the harness.

Problem now is the space behind the seats. Eye bolts and snap-on brackets will at least use 6-8cm (3 inch). Then there is the belt with the 3 bar slide for reducing the length.
Where to place all this crap? confused24.gif I got to put my seat nearly to the firewall (6'2" tall) shades.gif
And I belive that there should be slight extend of the belt before it goes through the seat to my shoulders.

Where have you all this belt overlenght? How much space do you have behind your seats? Are there regulations how much belt lenght to have between seat and bracket? blink.gif

Do you have pictures of your car/seats?

Regards
Marc smile.gif
BMXerror
I'm 6'2" as well, and I run my Sparco rather forward (Pic). I don't know about yours, but my race seat sits me up in a much more upright position than the rather reclined stock seats. This means I have to scoot the seat forward to reach the pedals, and the steering wheel is more up front and under control. This leaves me quite a bit of room behind the seat.
Click to view attachment
However, I have my seats bolted in, and because of the bolt length, if someone REALLY tall wanted to drive my car, they couldn't push the seat all of the way back to hug the firewall, because the bolts would interfere.
Click to view attachment
As for regulations, I can't really say. 1) because I don't know, and 2) because that varies between different sanctioning bodies. You are talking about racing, right?
Mark D.
EDIT: all my pictures are on my progress thread here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry947117
PeeGreen 914
One of the guys that codrives my car with me is 6'3" and this is fine for him. Just put everything as close to the end as you can and put the eye bolts down a little so it has to come up a little to add more belt travel. It will help in getting everyting in there the way you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.