Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock rubber bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Can we still get stock a-arm bushings, or more specifically, new OEM A-arms with the bushings in them?

How about trailing arms? new? NOS?

Rich
rjames
Last I checked A-arms are NLA.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 8 2008, 07:39 PM) *

Can we still get stock a-arm bushings, or more specifically, new OEM A-arms with the bushings in them?

The 914 Parts Section at Stoddard is 404, not a good sign, but I think it may be temporary.

911 A-Arms are shown available:
Front Suspension Parts

Bring money: $535 a side bare.
rhodyguy
check your lastest excellence rich. the elephant ad in particular (p.41). they now list rubber relacement bushings. i don't know if you have to send your a-arms in or what, but they "spotlight" "rubber suspension bushings, restore original performance, parts and rebushing sevices".

k
Joe Ricard
Not something the back yard wrench can do. The stock stuff is poured rubber stuff which permanently attaches the A arm to the torsion tube.

r_towle
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 8 2008, 09:15 PM) *

check your lastest excellence rich. the elephant ad in particular (p.41). they now list rubber relacement bushings. i don't know if you have to send your a-arms in or what, but they "spotlight" "rubber suspension bushings, restore original performance, parts and rebushing sevices".

k

Thanx
I will give them a call tommorow.

Rich
Eric_Shea
Call Chuck at Elephant.

I spoke to him last week regarding this. All arms are done "In-House" and this is not for the average CSOB. It's the only solution out there for a stock suspension re-bush and it's involved. He's hardly making a buck at it... I just want people to be aware, it's a good service but pricey. A must have for that perfect restoration.

They're on his site if you need more info.
MrKona
Looks like you can install new rubber bushings at home. Has anyone watched these videos. This looks easy! Has anyone purchased these?

Elephant rubber bushing install
craig downs
Hmm I have a 75 that I bought back in 77 and I just used a press to press out my old stock rubber trailing arm bushings. They came out clean and look like the
poly-graphite bushings but they are rubber.
BDog
Good video...looks easy.
rick 918-S
$225 with the tools. How many times will you change those. The tools will become a paper weight. They should charge a core rental for the tools. When returned in good working order rebate like $75.00. Ya, I'm cheap. confused24.gif laugh.gif My hats off them! great product! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.