Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seven step group for BBS?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
william harris
Yack.gif This is so much more interesting than that divorce file on my desk that I am now searching for a support group to end my addiction. How's this for a tag line: Only one post at a time! Or, Have a 914 day! laugh.gif
VegasRacer
The New Serenity Prayer

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off. And also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on today as they be connected to the ass that I may have to kiss tomorrow.

Help me to always give 100% at work...

12% on Monday.

23% on Tuesday.

40% on Wednesday.

20% on Thursday.

5% on Friday.

And help me to remember...When I'm having a really bad day, and it seems that people are trying to piss me off, that it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 to extend the correct finger and tell them to bite me!

Amen.
william harris
pray.gif Amen brother and pass that welding torch!
FlatSix
My name is Andy,
I'm a 914Club surfer-holic.
aktion035.gif
Jeroen
Whadda ya guys talkin' about?

I don't have a problem
I am not addicted
I can quite any time I want
biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
william harris
beer3.gif Hi, my name is William, its been three hours since my last post. I'm in trouble, I just changed my home page to www.914world.com. Where's my support group?
Howard
William,

Put all the data in Dissomaster and call me in the morning.
william harris
Yack.gif Google says Dissomaster is California version of the child support guidelines: ouch! Why is it that guys going through a divorce oftern feel the court views them only as human ATMs? No, the system isn't fair and guys don't stand on equal footing before the Court. But Dissomaster, man this is too much for me! bootyshake.gif
Howard
William,

I'm not going thru a divorce, my kids are. But I was just trying to be supportive and get your mind off the addiction by changing the subject rolleyes.gif

Your reaction bootyshake.gif shows you should give up law and addict yourself to 914's while there's still hope.

Kinda like needing a cigarette, and your co dependent comes over and has a drink with you beerchug.gif
Steve Thacker
I'm only partially 914 addicted and in denial, who needs treatment?

Internet Addiction Disorder (IAD)

As the incidence and prevalence of Internet Addiction Disorder (IAD) has been increasing exponentially, a support group. The Internet Addiction Support Group (IASG) has been established. Below are the official criteria for the diagnosis of IAD and subscription information for the IASG.

A maladaptive pattern of Internet use, leading to clinically significant impairment or distress as manifested by three (or more) of the following, occurring at any time in the same 12-month period:

Diagnostic Criteria

(I) tolerance, as defined by either of the following:

(A.) A need for markedly increased amounts of time on Internet to achieve satisfaction

(B.) markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of time on Internet

(II) withdrawal, as manifested by either of the following

(A.) the characteristic withdrawal syndrome

(1) Cessation of (or reduction) in Internet use that has been heavy and prolonged.

(2) Two (or more) of the following, developing within several days to a month after Criterion 1:

(a) psychomotor agitation

(cool.gif anxiety

© obsessive thinking about what is happening on Internet

(d) fantasies or dreams about Internet

(e) voluntary or involuntary typing movements of the fingers

(3) The symptoms in Criterion B cause distress or impairment in social, occupational or other important other area of functioning

(cool.gif Use of Internet or a similar on-line service is engaged in to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms.

(III) Internet is often accessed more often or for longer periods of time than was intended

(IV) There is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control Internet use

(V) A great deal of time is spent in activitied related to Internet use (e.g., buying Internet books, trying out new WWW browsers, researching Internet vendors, organizing files of downloaded materials

(VI) Important social, occupational, or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of Internet use.

(VII) Internet use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical, social, occupational, or psychological problem that is likely to been caused or exacerbated by Internet use (sleep deprivation, marital difficulties, lateness for early morning appointments, neglect of occupational duties, or feelings of abandonment in significant others)

Deep shit huh?
william harris
pray.gif I've read this and I have to log off now. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.