Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: back fitting lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Hey ya'll getting ready to get my car during Easter. I want to know if I can put the driving lights from the 74 into the 70. Is there or was it an option? Are there bolt holes to mount the light and how much would it take to wire it up. I know the 70 does not have the driving light switch.

Sure hope it warms up enough to drive from Everret Wa. to Mississippi. during this time. Remember headers, no heater boxes. driving.gif
Dave_Darling
I believe that most of the early cars did not have the wiring, or the relay socket, or the holes. So you will likely have to drill mounting holes (and holes for wires as well), run the wires, install and hook up the switch and a relay. At least there should be a hole already in the dash for the switch. Covered by vinyl, of course, but it is probably there through the metal part.

--DD
Joe Ricard
Crap. That will seriously cut into my fishing time while in Wa. Maybe I will just take the Euro H-4's out of the 928 and swap into the 70 914. lol2.gif
rhodyguy
joe, what dates will you be in everett? i'm sure the locals would love to give your car the b.r evaluation. when brad starts looking, you get red in the face.

kevin
Joe Ricard
Just bought my ticket for 3 April. Plan on killing some fish for a couple days along with running a fine tooth comb over the car. Want to change ALL fluids and such before the trip home. How far are you guys? The car is in Goldbar. aka little spot of a town in the foot hills of the cascades.

Time will be of the essence where exactly is Brad? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.