Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seat belts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikester
I'm looking to replace my seatbelts, planning on sticking to OEM. No racing, just street use.

Anyone have some sources?

Got one source from the bird board and I saw them in Excellence as well...hoping to find a few more to get a decent price.

Thanks fellas.
Qarl
Here's what I know...

The REPA place listed in Pano and Excellence can get you either new sets or rebuild your sets... but at a price.

AA lists them on e-bay often, but from what I read, they are shipping two driver's side (saying they can easily be adjusted to fit the passenger side). This is not necessarily true. While they CAN be tweaked, it is neither easy or straightfoward.

Check with Brad at High Performance House, Pelican, or Stoddard too look for NOS sets. Mittelmotor in Germany is another option.

Finally... You may have better luck obtaining Porsche seatbelts new for less. They will bolt right up, with one minor modification (drilling a small hole behind the seatbelt real). This will not be seen because it is behind the backpad (and behind the real). The seatbelt holsters are a bit shorter, but many of the other holsters from other cars will work.

I did this modification to my last 914 (orange one). Found some NOS 944 belts and holsters for cheap on e-bay and installed them. Man, was it nice to have clean and smooth operating belts!!!
MarkV
PEP Products in CA. They run something like $150.00 each. I bought a set from them a few years ago & they recently started not retracting just like the originals.
MarkV
link:

PEP
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(kellzey @ Feb 4 2004, 02:23 PM)
Found some NOS 944 belts and holsters for cheap on e-bay and installed them. Man, was it nice to have clean and smooth operating belts!!!

idea.gif
I'm going to look right now... I hate fighting with these damn things!
Joe Bob
If you get the owner....Lucas, hang up and call back later.....he's a cross between me, Bradhole and yer mother in law with a hangover and bee up his ass....
william harris
Hey, let me know what works out. I purchased a used pair from Parts Heaven, they work but don't really retract that well, but they are definitely better than none - which is how the car came.
MattR
Wesco Performance

30 for non retractable and 70 for retractable. Ive never ordered from them, but their prices look pretty good.
Joe Ricard
I found a pair at the wrecking yard. From a early 80's Mercedes 300D. The back seat belts were like new and fit perfectly. Lasted right till the fire.
Rgreen914
Brad laughed at me when I told him I just bought a "pair" of NOS belts from AA via ebay, 'cause they sent me two belts with the same part #. I contacted they and they said they had made a mistake but if I sent one belt back, they would send me the correct matching one. I've sent them one back and am waiting for the other one to arrive. I sure hope Brad doesn't get a bigger laugh out of this deal!
MartyYeoman
About every three years I have to pull mine out of the car and give them a good dose of penetrating oil. I pull the strap all the way out and soak and rotate the shaft until all runs smooth again. Both sides takes about 1 hour and it's a lot cheaper than buying new units. Try it. It might work for you too.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Rgreen914 @ Feb 4 2004, 03:20 PM)
Brad laughed at me when I told him I just bought a "pair" of NOS belts from AA via ebay, 'cause they sent me two belts with the same part #.  I contacted they and they said they had made a mistake but if I sent one belt back, they would send me the correct matching one.  I've sent them one back and am waiting for the other one to arrive.  I sure hope Brad doesn't get a bigger laugh out of this deal!

Don't know if Brad is laughing....but I gotta good chuckle with a phrase running thru my head like....don't hold yer breathe.... headbang.gif
gklinger
This is the response I got to an inquiry about a "set" AA had listed on eBay a while back.

"Two passenger belts. There are no more NOS driver's belts in existence.
Will work on both sides however.

Parker"

gotta love those guys... NOT!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.