Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Sighting in Wichita
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
I am always complaining that I never see 914's in Kansas though there are rumors that they existed at one time but may now be extinct in the wild.

My neighbor came over yesterday and said he saw a red 914 in downtown Wichita. He said it had black bumpers - 5 spokes wheels - no console - black roof and a ducktail spoiler.

I have seen a Silver 356 several times - always parked in the same place - but never a 914.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Zundfolge
There should be several 914s in Wichita ... there was at least one orange one there that left in 2002 when I escaped the city of my birth for higher ground smile.gif

IPB Image

Photo taken here
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Sep 11 2008, 01:28 PM) *

There should be several 914s in Wichita ... there was at least one orange one there that left in 2002 when I escaped the city of my birth for higher ground smile.gif

IPB Image

Photo taken here

Gorgeous car!

I know Sim Park. I am an East sider though (you would have to be from Wichita to understand - right?)...

I will try to go there and take a photo at the same spot and send it to you.

I was headed to Beaumont Hotel for breakfast in the morning but the rain (floods) may prevent it. Now I know why you headed for higher albeit colder (maybe) ground.

Cheers!
Zundfolge
Its cooler much of the year but its a heck of a lot drier so you don't notice the cold. (and it actually doesn't get as cold during the winter here ... also its so dry we get snow WITHOUT the ice ... you can usually clear the snow with a broom its so dry).

The day we left Wichita it was 98deg at 95% humidity (was August of 02) ... when we rolled into The Springs, it was 78deg at 10% humidity.

I was born and raised in Riverside, so I always considered myself above the whole East Side vs West Side thing. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.