Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phoenix Red
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HCRDAN
I added my 914 to the VIN database this afternoon, and in the process learned that its paint code was Phoenix Red, not Signal Orange as I thought.

Now, the car has been repainted by the previous (original) owner a Lexus metallic orange, but the engine bay, front and rear trunk are almost the exact color except not metallic, and it looks really orange, not red to me. (my other P car is a guards red Targa).

So I'm wondering how red Phoenix Red really is... In fact, seeing another member's car (orthobiz) in this thread http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/275142..._61c6a73591.jpg and my car really is this shade.

So is Phoenix Red really more orange than red, or was the car repainted a non metallic orange at one time, and then metallic orange.... Inquiring minds want to know.

Thx
black73
Yes. beerchug.gif
DanT
it is orange with a lot of red in it....

just a bit more red than Tangerine (Blood Orange)

paint code L32K.

just like this
HCRDAN
Here is the exterior color, btw...Click to view attachment
ScooterD
Phoenix Red is really orange with a little red mixed in. Here is a pic of a factory original paint job.
Scott

Click to view attachment

HCRDAN
QUOTE(ScooterD @ Sep 12 2008, 08:22 PM) *

Phoenix Red is really orange with a little red mixed in. Here is a pic of a factory original paint job.
Scott

Click to view attachment

Beautiful cars, Dan and ScooterD, but definitely not the same color as mine so I am guessing mine was repainted orange at one time, looks like Signal Orange to me, and then this metallic version at some point in its life. I've owned it since Sept 06 and it lived in CA and AZ until I brought it to TX.

It is really nice to contrast the two different wheel styles, 5 lug Fuchs vs 4 lug Fuchs, on your two cars.

PeeGreen 914
The lighting of this colour makes it look so different. I would doubt they changed the interior colour.
PeeGreen 914
Few more in different lighting.
orange914
after owning the 73 for several years i'm just realizing there are 4 oranges... signal orange 70-74 (L20E mine), tangerine 70-72 (L21E), pheonix red 73-74(L32K), and nepal orange 75-76 (L20C).

i've never really seen napel, but the tangerine is my favorite orange. pheonix red is simular to G.M. flame red which i like so much (as a red) that i painted my mustang flame red. i do like my signal orange (it more subtle), but it does tend to wash out in bright light.

mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.