Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something I put together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee6204
I was feeling lazy this afternoon so I went ahead and I put together all the pictures of the work I did to my father's 74' 914. He bought the car back in 2003 and over the course of 4 years I repaired all the rust on the car. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif I just thought I would share. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npWwzXNInMw
smontanaro
Very impressive. Is there any part of the body shell that wasn't repaired or replaced?

Skip

orange914
nice!... cool hearing skynerd again too:beer2:
dlee6204
I thought it a bit lame so I added the music for the heck of it. The car was thought to have "minimal" rust upon purchase however it ended up needing:
large portions of both longs replaced, both engine shelves, battery tray, engine latch tube, rear firewall(inner and outer), rear floor, pan, floor cross member, center tunnel repaired, rear taillight panel replaced, rear trunk, front bumper mounting areas repaired, front hood weather stripping channel replaced, all four fenders, inner rockers, sill plates, doors, and trunk lids. Did I miss something? ha Not to mention this was my first rust repair on a 914.
roadster fan
Nice video/slide show.

Have you posted pics of your rotisserie before? Very creative. Looks like it works good, and with the price of steel these days probably cheaper.

Thanks for sharing,

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.