Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Venturi Removal Trick - HELP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I am trying to replace my Weber venturis - I removed all the top components of the carbs while they are still installed on the car. Now I am trying to remove the venturi's and I cannot get any leverage on them? Is there a trick to getting these out or should I just remove the entire carb and push the venturi out from the motor side?

Thanks!
lotus_65
QUOTE(vesnyder @ Sep 13 2008, 08:44 AM) *

I am trying to replace my Weber venturis - I removed all the top components of the carbs while they are still installed on the car. Now I am trying to remove the venturi's and I cannot get any leverage on them? Is there a trick to getting these out or should I just remove the entire carb and push the venturi out from the motor side?

Thanks!

for sure, you should be able to ease them out without pulling the carbs.

did you miss the set screw on the side? there's a screw you need to loosen, but then you should be able to reach in with a finger or 2 and pull them.

maybe a squirt of pb blaster or wd around the edge...

paul
Cevan
There's a set screw on the back side of the carb that holds the venturi in place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.