Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ventura GAF 2008
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
The saturday venue was pretty thin bu prior years standards, but there plenty of interesting cars and people. Mark Blanton sold his bahia red 914 in about an hour !

There were founr nice 914-6s, met friend of Steve Grider who brought a really cool 550 Spyder

Saw Joe Sharp, Rick Evans, Rob Dekman, and Steve Grider

Sunday will be big, lots of people setting up to sell parts.
jim_hoyland
Some of the 914's in the for-sale corral:
jim_hoyland
Met John from Ventura; he bought this car a last years GAF and uses it as a DD:
jim_hoyland
Richard from Fullerton made the drive in his beautiful ravenna green 914.
jim_hoyland
The saleman from Rusack Porsche said I could drive this car off for a mere $55K plus tax, license, dealer preperation, and....you probably want to upgrade those wheels and.....and....
jim_hoyland
Rick brought his 550 Replica; 170hp CB performance engine in 1,200 lb. car. This car hauls....plus great looking.
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 13 2008, 02:12 PM) *

The saturday venue was pretty thin bu prior years standards, but there plenty of interesting cars and people. Mark Blanton sold his bahia red 914 in about an hour !

There were founr nice 914-6s, met friend of Steve Grider who brought a really cool 550 Spyder

Saw Joe Sharp, Rick Evans, Rob Dekman, and Steve Grider

Sunday will be big, lots of people setting up to sell parts.

does anyone what color green the green 914 in the top pic is?
McMark
It's Irish Green.
jim_hoyland
Update: The sprint cars are running tonight just west of the fairgrounds...
carreraguy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 13 2008, 03:21 PM) *

Rick brought his 550 Replica; 170hp CB performance engine in 1,200 lb. car. This car hauls....plus great looking.

Thin is an understatement - that lot looks positively empty compared to prior years!
Joe Bob
IPB Image

Had a game to ref today so I couldn't do the concours weenie crap...

What a complete freaking waste of time. 8 man Varsity game....rich MOFOs at a prep school got their collective asses kicked. 50-0 at the half. It wasn't pretty. Dadz spend 40K a year to send these second generation twerps to boarding school....and this isn't even the most expensive one in the league.....one has a requirement that you have 3....THREE polo ponies in the stable....kill me now.... blink.gif

Got my check and boogiied.....

I'll be down early Sunday...be afraid....I'll have an ice chest and a bad attitude....

Of course I'll post some pics of the abuse....after all, I'm here to help.....look for BAD TUB.....

IPB Image
levonfarra
some photos from Sundays event.

levonfarra
a few photos from the Sundays event.

Kargeek
That Irish green six is my buddy's- pictured Rob Johnson. I wish I could have been there but I was out of town. DH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.