Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm a Mega-Maniac
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Yes, Mega-Phones for the street. This is the second 914-6 that I have done this to. It sounds like a IMSA GTU car. laugh.gif

T.C.

I took this exhaust off and this will go to Duc, who is having Dan Root do a motor swap courtesy of Camp914

Click to view attachment

Old S/S exhaust all cleaned-up ready to pack n ship.

Click to view attachment

Headers Ceramic-coated ready to go on.

Click to view attachment

carr914
Headers & Mega-Phones installed.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

From the rear.

Click to view attachment

After the run over to URY914's house. I still have my hearing happy11.gif

Click to view attachment

carr914
And , Yes I'm a Nut. w00t.gif

T.C.

monkeyboy
Looks loud!

I pray no one rear ends you.
McMark
I pray no one rear ends you.
laugh.gif av-943.gif

Why the swap from SS to ceramic? confused24.gif

I see you did a little cleaning while you were in there. cool.gif
URY914
I heard him coming from about 1/2 mile away. The sound of a un-muffled -6 is something to behold.

LarryR
Are the old heat exchangers already sold? If not I would be interested. Looks sweet.

Larry
sww914
Is that legal in Florida?
URY914
QUOTE(sww914 @ Sep 13 2008, 09:18 PM) *

Is that legal in Florida?

legal 'til you get caught....
Root_Werks
I ran a set of zoom tubes off the SS headers for about a week. Man T.C. it looks great! I know that sound very well. That short stroke engine is good to 8k shifts easy. I bet that sounds sweet!

driving.gif
carr914
[/quote]

Why the swap from SS to ceramic? confused24.gif

[/quote]

1. Because I live in Florida and I've got enough stinkin Heat, so I don't need heater exchangers.

2. The S/S with muffler was too quiet.

T.C.
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 13 2008, 11:31 PM) *

The sound of a un-muffled -6 is something to behold.

Absolutely, it sounds incredible and as far as legality, if I see a donut-munchin policeman I drop the clutch and revs to minimum. Plus every hair on my head is white, so I think I get a pass as they can see I'm not a crazy kid (just a crazy adult).

T.C.
carr914
QUOTE(LarryR @ Sep 14 2008, 12:07 AM) *

Are the old heat exchangers already sold? If not I would be interested. Looks sweet.

Larry

Hi Larry, The S/S system is sold and is going on the newest "New at Camp914" project, that Root_Werks is doing the wrenching on.

T.C.
FourBlades
I love how that looks. Is there anyway to achieve the look but drop the
sound level a little?

Post a sound clip or video, please!!! popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

John
number6
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Sep 14 2008, 09:01 AM) *

I love how that looks. Is there anyway to achieve the look but drop the
sound level a little?

John

john, have you seen this?

http://www.9xauto.com/914perfmuf.htm

i have no first-hand experience with it, but the description discusses controlling sound level. seems to imply that it can run pretty quiet...

-duc
tronporsche
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 14 2008, 03:50 AM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 13 2008, 11:31 PM) *

The sound of a un-muffled -6 is something to behold.

Absolutely, it sounds incredible and as far as legality, if I see a donut-munchin policeman I drop the clutch and revs to minimum. Plus every hair on my head is white, so I think I get a pass as they can see I'm not a crazy kid (just a crazy adult).

T.C.
Whoa !! I am absolutely sure I said the same exact thing recently !! laugh.gif But, unfortunately, you will be surprised. I recently got pulled over for no front liscence plate and got a ticket for failing to stop at a zone, even though I stopped at the light , in the same zone idea.gif In both of the situations, the officers seemed more interested in my car, than why they pulled me over. "The officer that gave me a ticket owns a 911.......Hey, isn't he suppose to have given me a break ? Oh, on the other hand maybe that is why he did it , he's been at the Ax's with 914s' av-943.gif But he did say he is going to write it off, so let me shut my mouth, just incase he is reading this!!! bye1.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.