Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have pics of a 914/6 windshield VIN plate?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Project 6
If you prefer to not have them published in a private forum, please PM as an attachment. My window VIN doesn't look like the ones I have seen. It's an import from Finland and not an original US car.

Rumor has it that they weren't factory original and added by the importer to comply with US law.
davep
Click to view attachment
It is similar to the 914/4 except the digits are recessed, not raised. They look a little crude compared to the 914/4 type.
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
here is one, bunch more here;
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/sales_history_9146_916
Joe Bob
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Project 6 @ Sep 13 2008, 07:49 PM) *

Rumor has it that they weren't factory original and added by the importer to comply with US law.

agree.gif As far as i know, the windshield VIN tag was USA only ...

bye1.gif Andy
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Project 6 @ Sep 13 2008, 11:49 PM) *

A part of the importing process for my Swiss '70/914-6 was the application of a VIN plate on the driver's side pillar viewable through the windshield.

They were several other items that had to be added like side markers (bubble gum attachment), change from Euro lenses to US spec, etc., all of which were returned to original, once photos were taken for attachment to DOT importation forms.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.