Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: next time i expect a little warning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
we roll up, get out, and i notice this guy that looks just like ron. we look at each other, ok, and i go about saying hello. the least this stranger can do is introduce himself. nope. we go in for b-fast and get seated. the guy keeps giving me 'the look'. believe me, he's not my type at all. the whole similarity thing is driving me crazy. listening to him talk he sounds just like ron too. now i'm scared. i ask jeff hines "is that slits?". then the the hilarity ensues. then this 'stranger' stands up and introduces himself to the captive audience. "HI!! I'M RON!! BETTER KNOWN AS THAT ASSHOLE SLITS ON 914 WORLD!!! ASSHOLE THIS AND ASSHOLE THAT!!!...on and on. we're rolling now. mind you this is the FAMILY pancake house. FAMILY. the 5 y.o. or so sitting next to ron has eyes as big as the pancakes. he looks like he has his sunday school outfit on. you can take the boy out of big bear, but you can't take the "asshole" out of the man. it was a real treat to have an unexpected guest.

as always, a great breakfast with a bunch of great folks. well, mostly unsure.gif wink.gif

k
Sleepin
Haha! The old asshole pulled a quick one on you huh!? That is classic! laugh.gif
rhodyguy
the people. first, our happy host, tom. then the rest of the krew.
rhodyguy
slow to load...now for the cars. nord and his pal(forget the name. sorry) win long for distance. 175 miles, 175 miles one way for breakfast. so they will be pictured first. darn good pancakes. seafood eggs benedict...guess who ordered that?

followed by jeff's new car dry.gif .
rhodyguy
jerry's V-8 and tony's V-8. 16 cyls of furry.
rhodyguy
jim w's car. marc's car. tom's car.
rhodyguy
nick's car.

marc brought a bunch of photos he took at the 1973 IROC race @Riverside. this was the same race Excellence showcased in a past issue. marc's were as good if not better and more of them. action car shots, long hair, bellbottoms, sideburns, chicks in bikinis, his first 914. classic.
TC 914-8
Hey Great time today, Kevin good seeing you again. I hope to see your car some day soon.

Great burn out on the PT cruser on the way out, those front wheel(s) were smokin'.

I did just post a few more pictures on the original thread Pacific North Westeners Head count , or whatever it was called.

Tony
KELTY360
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Sep 14 2008, 08:46 PM) *

Great burn out on the PT cruser on the way out, those front wheel(s) were smokin'.

Tony

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif poke.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
Looks like it was a great time. Wish I would have gone sad.gif .
rhodyguy
i wasn't trying to light them up. just merge into traffic. next time we're both at the toll booth we'll see if you can keep up jon. i won't be packing 400#s of ballast. when the cat-back, air box and chip are installed, let's go for pinks.
NORD

The #2 pictured car is Chris from Bellingham his board name is Helios.

That car is his Daily Driver he just got this Spring will be a great car when

he gets it all sorted out, Great time makes the long trip worth it. I gave

Slits my extra WCR 08 Hat for coming so far for breakfast hope he wears

it with pride.

NORD
Root_Werks
It was good times and good food. Nice to see everyone. BTW - I wound up getting another 914.....on 9-14! w00t.gif
dinomium
sorry I missed it. I would have like to have said hello to Ron... I believe that in the future, Dan will have owned EVERY 914 in world for at least 15 minutes.
sixnotfour
For those in the know, I am hopefully picking up my new 914 this evening....hey on 9/14!

Well Dan got his 9-14-08 wish , new to him 74 2.0, has not been licensed since 1998 ( sorry about the poor picture)

A little 914 sacrifce got in the way ,but all in alll quite a 914 day.

Freakiest thing was Slits showing up,To appease the 9-14 calender I bought Slits his crapcakes, since they mysteriously showed up on my bill ?

Unlike Kevin I spotted him right offin the parking lot.

Kevin, thanks for the center caps

Dan's new car, I owned 1yr almost to the day.
jim_hoyland
Pretty cool story, great car pics; Why was Ron up there ?
KELTY360
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 15 2008, 07:16 PM) *

He said he was tired of you guys.......or maybe it was that you guys were tired of him. confused24.gif

I think he just needed to stir things up somewhere new. stirthepot.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 15 2008, 05:35 AM) *

i wasn't trying to light them up. just merge into traffic. next time we're both at the toll booth we'll see if you can keep up jon. i won't be packing 400#s of ballast. when the cat-back, air box and chip are installed, let's go for pinks.

confused24.gif What are you talking about? or did you mean to say Tony?
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Sep 15 2008, 04:16 PM) *

It was good times and good food. Nice to see everyone. BTW - I wound up getting another 914.....on 9-14! w00t.gif

Good luck Dan, A 914 0n 914 happy11.gif , that should be a good thing.
championgt1
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 15 2008, 08:20 PM) *

I think Kevin is talking about a story I told him about watching you leave the toll booth after the last autocross, blasting through the gears on your way back onto the freeway. The toll booth is great. It is like paying $4 to run your car down a 1/4 mile dragstrip.

Sounds like Kevin wants to race! driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Sep 16 2008, 12:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 15 2008, 08:20 PM) *

I think Kevin is talking about a story I told him about watching you leave the toll booth after the last autocross, blasting through the gears on your way back onto the freeway. The toll booth is great. It is like paying $4 to run your car down a 1/4 mile dragstrip.

Sounds like Kevin wants to race! driving.gif

Yeah, Matt was at the booth a few over and I looked at him and new he was going to try and get in front of me. Well, he didn't biggrin.gif You have to be careful there though as there is sometimes a stater sitting right down in the no mans land waiting for just that.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 15 2008, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 15 2008, 07:16 PM) *

He said he was tired of you guys.......or maybe it was that you guys were tired of him. confused24.gif

I think he just needed to stir things up somewhere new. stirthepot.gif

Thought maybe he took a right turn on the way to the WCR... biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 14 2008, 04:11 PM) *

Haha! The old asshole pulled a quick one on you huh!? That is classic! laugh.gif

Last time I saw him, he pulled his pants down...BEFORE he turned around....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.