Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to get the front bumper off?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
terrymason
Hey guys, anyone know how to get the front bumper off my 74? I've stared at it for a while, and just can't figure it out.
Midtowner
If it's like my 1973, then there should be two 13mm bolts inside each wheel well - one higher in the body and one lower. Each about four inches apart. Always helps to turn the wheels all the way to one side. Before you remove the bumper, I recommend getting something high enough to reach the bottom side of the bumper to support it during disassembly. smile.gif
hitbyastick
There are two bolts on each side of the car, that are accessed through the wheel well. If you turn your wheel to one side, the bolts should be visible. Sometimes they are heavily covered in dirt and undercoating. (Four total). The rubber top pad is attached to the bumper, while the lower valence is attached to the body and is removed separately after the bumper is out of the way. The fog light grills can stay on the bumper when you take it off.
watsonrx13
Terry, here's a link to my website showing how to remove the front bumper.

-- Rob
rhodyguy
don't reef on the bolts. if they're rusted up good, you'll be drilling and taping.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.