Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hello world.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
number6
hi everyone. today being 9/14 and all, i figured it was a good time to join the forum and introduce myself. hope everyone gets to take their teener out today. i guess i don't have to tell anyone here...but 914 withdrawal is rough! this is the first time in a while that i haven't had my car, and it's really bumming me out.

but on the positive side, when she comes back in a few weeks, she'll be sportin' a 3.2, so the absence will be worth it!

thanks, craig, for introducing me to dan. thanks, dan, for treating my car like it were your own in this conversion process. thanks, TC, for the SS heat exchangers (those megaphones look bad-ass on your car! smile.gif).

-duc
tronporsche
Hello number6 !! the car looks nice.
rick 918-S
welcome.png Yellow is faster smile.gif assimilate.gif
rhodyguy
i know that car.
plymouth37
welcome.png
Nice car!
number6
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 14 2008, 06:12 PM) *

i know that car.

oh, and thanks, kevin, for letting us use your place! smile.gif
914rrr
welcome.png
carr914
Hi Duc, welcome.png . It was good talking to you last week. I'll be in touch this week.

T.C.
number6
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Sep 14 2008, 06:31 PM) *

welcome.png
Nice car!

thank you. it doesn't have the edge of anklebiter, though; your car is sick!! smile.gif

-duc
number6
QUOTE(914rrr @ Sep 14 2008, 06:33 PM) *

welcome.png

thanks, 914rrr. did you buy that blue turbo off eBay, or were you the one selling it? very slick!
number6
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 14 2008, 06:36 PM) *

Hi Duc, welcome.png . It was good talking to you last week. I'll be in touch this week.

T.C.

likewise, TC. if you're ever this way, please give me a holler.

-duc
914rrr
QUOTE(number6 @ Sep 14 2008, 09:42 PM) *

welcome.png

thanks, 914rrr. did you buy that blue turbo off eBay, or were you the one selling it? very slick!

Neither. The turbo shot in the avatar is from a 73 2.0 turbo I had a few years ago, then I sold it slap.gif.

Here is a pic of it.

Rob

Click to view attachment

number6
QUOTE(914rrr @ Sep 14 2008, 06:45 PM) *

QUOTE(number6 @ Sep 14 2008, 09:42 PM) *

welcome.png

Neither. The turbo shot in the avatar is from a 73 2.0 turbo I had a few years ago, then I sold it slap.gif.

Here is a pic of it.

Rob

Click to view attachment

I'm sure it was your car that was on eBay last year-ish. Almost bid on it, but I wasn't sure about the build, since the seller didn't know specifics. IIRC, he said he was selling it for an estate. Anyhoo...how did the car perform? Were you running a lot of boost? I'm guessing 160-ish horse and good torque? Always have wanted to supercharge a 4, myself. That's in the future for me, definitely, though preferably a Polopolus 911-4, if I can afford it. I'm going to miss my 4's nimbleness and lighter weight, that's for sure.

-duc
So.Cal.914
Welcome to the Jungle...Click to view attachment

number6
thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome! smile.gif
PanelBilly
Hello

welcome.png welcome. sweet car. man
Lou W
welcome.png
Gustl
welcome.png ... from far, far away biggrin.gif
pete-stevers
hello from the land of igloos
number6
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Sep 14 2008, 11:38 PM) *

hello from the land of igloos

hi pete. you know, i tool around BC pretty frequently in my 914 smile.gif
though never more north than vancouver (for fun) or abbotsford (for work), unfortunately, since i don't know anyone up there; i just really like vancouver.

question for you: what does the blinking green traffic light mean up there? i've only seen it twice, and i was confused both times. is it like a yellow light, telling you to prepare to stop? if so, isn't that what a yellow is?? huh.gif

-duc
So.Cal.914
It seems like Vancouver is unique in having some of the traffic lights blinking green at various times of the day. The blinking light means that the light is not on a regular change cycle but can be activated, when needed by a pedestrian or cyclist.
biggrin.gif
number6
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 15 2008, 06:44 AM) *

It seems like Vancouver is unique in having some of the traffic lights blinking green at various times of the day. The blinking light means that the light is not on a regular change cycle but can be activated, when needed by a pedestrian or cyclist.
biggrin.gif

thanks, paul, for the explanation. good to know. next time i see the blinking green, i won't hesitate like i usually do...wondering if i should slow down to prepare to stop, etc...which is kinda dangerous when there's heavy traffic flow.
johannes
Welcome to the world ...

best regards from France ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.