Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: please tell me this is wrong
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
while removing my engine i came across this unique and i hope not stock clutch cable connection. am i missing a part? does someone have a pic of the right set-up?
plymouth37
I don't have a pic handy but that is no where close to the stock piece. There should be a small clip that is attached to the clutch cable and hooks onto the hole that your bailing wire is strung through.
nycchef
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Sep 14 2008, 05:26 PM) *

I don't have a pic handy but that is no where close to the stock piece. There should be a small clip that is attached to the clutch cable and hooks onto the hole that your bailing wire is strung through.

could you describe it? i have a bucket full of mixed bolts and crap from a parts car.
nycchef
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 14 2008, 05:34 PM) *

thanks jim, least now i know what to look for
rich
r_towle
oh man, post a larger pic of your avatar...

Rich
nycchef
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 14 2008, 05:49 PM) *

oh man, post a larger pic of your avatar...

Rich

here you are rich that was the 74 tub popcorn[1].gif
Allan
I just had a zip-tie on mine. Worked fine.
sww914
I know it's wrong, but I actually prefer a zip tie to the factory piece. I think that it's more secure, cheaper, and easier to remove and replace.
r_towle
QUOTE(sww914 @ Sep 15 2008, 02:03 PM) *

I know it's wrong, but I actually prefer a zip tie to the factory piece. I think that it's more secure, cheaper, and easier to remove and replace.

I find that the cable moves back and forward without the washer thingy.
Using that proper item wedges the end of the cable in place with more force than a zip tie....but I also like metal versus plastic...just a thing about me...

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.