Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Line lock?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wanna9146
Anything wrong with using a line-lock set-up in place of the e-brake on a 5-lug conversion? The disclaimer here reads "not to be used as an e-brake":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B-M-LINE-LO...Q2em118Q2el1247
ws91420
Other than it says in the ad not to be used as a emergency or parking brake confused24.gif
Wanna9146
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Sep 14 2008, 08:23 PM) *

Other than it says in the ad not to be used as a emergency or parking brake :shrug:

Yeah, just wondering if they're saying that because their lawyers said so, or if there is another reason...

The line-lock set-up looks like a pretty slick (read: inexpensive) way to solve the e-brake issue.
ejm
Works great until the warm fluid in the calipers cools, the pressure drops and the car rolls away.
ws91420
Think constant hyd pressure on on the calipers and lines
ws91420
also safety inspection would require it to be a mechanical system that can operate if the hydrualics failed
Wanna9146
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Sep 14 2008, 08:34 PM) *

also safety inspection would require it to be a mechanical system that can operate if the hydrualics failed

No safety inspections in my state (no hills, either). Other reasons seem valid, though.

Thanks, all.
Cap'n Krusty
It is, in all states, illegal. I wouldn't want to have one found on my car if the insurance company ever had reason to look the car over, like, say, after an accident. You'd hear that little phrase they're all so fond of saying: "So long, and thanks for all the money!" Nullifies your liability coverage. Of course that might never happen, but who wants to find out? The Cap'n
Wanna9146
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 14 2008, 09:22 PM) *

It is, in all states, illegal. I wouldn't want to have one found on my car if the insurance company ever had reason to look the car over, like, say, after an accident. You'd hear that little phrase they're all so fond of saying: "So long, and thanks for all the money!" Nullifies your liability coverage. Of course that might never happen, but who wants to find out? The Cap'n

I don't believe in insurance. Big rip-off. Thanks anyway.
markb
QUOTE(ejm @ Sep 14 2008, 08:27 PM) *

Works great until the warm fluid in the calipers cools, the pressure drops and the car rolls away.

agree.gif
ericread
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Sep 14 2008, 10:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 14 2008, 09:22 PM) *

I don't believe in insurance. Big rip-off. Thanks anyway.

hahaha! I don't believe in gravity either, but I need both to drive my car in California!

Eric Read wavey.gif
r_towle
Check with Martin Schnieder, MSDS.
He has a small Ebrake solution for the conversion.
Its an extra little caliper he uses...pretty slick.

Rich
Wanna9146
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 15 2008, 01:31 PM) *

Check with Martin Schnieder, MSDS.
He has a small Ebrake solution for the conversion.
Its an extra little caliper he uses...pretty slick.

Rich

Will do, thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.