Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEED A MECHANIC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blonde914
My husband bought me a 914 for our anniversary this past year with the stipulation that he would not have to do anything to it other than change the wiper blades on it. I want to have it looked over when I get it out of storage this spring. It ran well when we put it in storage for the winter(I do miss driving her but this is CHicago). Anyone know of someone worthy?

P.S. I just signed on today as a member so don't let me down.
Bleyseng
Welcome! I don't know anyone off hand but there are several Chicago members that should give provide the info.
One thing, using all Caps is like shouting on the BBS so could use just use them when you are freakin mad at something......

Geoff
seanery
There is a very well recomended mechanic in Peoria. I know it's not real close, but 914s are his specialty.

Brad Mayeur is his name. I'll look for his contact info, but I'm sure someone else around here has it, too.
We've got a member in Portage, IN that makes the drive for Brad to work on his car.
Chris H.
Brad Mayeur at 914 Limited is a good way to go. If you don't feel like making the long drive to Peoria he may be able to help arrange a flatbed pickup/dropoff very reasonably. Call him at 309-694-1797.

So let's see some pics of the new car!!!!!

Chris H.
GaroldShaffer
Brad Mayeur at 914 Limited is a good way to go
agree.gif

Brad is my go to guy when I get in over my head. Its
a 3 + hour drive from my place in Indiana (40 miles east of Chitown) and I feel its time & money well
spent.

He has been working on Porsche's (914) since the
70's when our beloved 914 were new. Give him a
call, you will be happy that you did.

- Garold

PS. Welocme to the board! driving.gif
blonde914
Thanks guys, Peoria isn't that far on a beautiful sunny day with the top off. There are alot of winding roads or you can just take the fast lane down Rt. 55.
Sherry
TimT
ok...... just have to

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
roundboy914
Yeah, i have to agree.
Brad is very good, and prices are much more reasonable than the Chicago area.
He is usually busy, but he has picked my car up from the south suburbs b4.
Chris H.
South Suburbs? What general area are you in?
ninefourteener
I'll have to wait till I get home from work... but someone in Chicago restored/built my car... they did a great job. I'll get you the info in a few hours.

Or.. if I forget.. send me an e-mail at home.. and I'll send it directly back to you.

guitarguy_75@yahoo.com

Matt
blonde914
I like the idea of Brad for major things since alot of our family is still from central Illinois it would be pretty easy to get it to him. But I am also interested in someone in the general area for basic things. I will post pictures when I get a chance, I have alot of questions and I am going blind trying to read all the old threads.
roundboy914
Chris,
We are in Bolingbrook, off of I-55
Chris H.
I'm in Plainfield. Cool. Just met a newbie from Morris too. We almost have enough for a "914 breakfast"!!!
blonde914
I think a breakfast is a great idea!!!!! We will have to wait until the weather gets better. How many of us are there in this area? boldblue.gif
fiid
My dad lives in Morris, I'll be out there sometime so I'll organize a breakfast then as well!
blonde914
Sounds like a plan. clap56.gif
Chris H.
This is turning out to be a small world! Morris is right around the corner from me. There are a lot more running 914s in the area than I thought. I know 6 people myself, plus there are some guys in NW Indiana that would be a short drive away. Breakfast would be really cool. April should be about right. You guys can talk me out of selling mine due to lack of use!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.