Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beamer13
Hey all,

I was wondering if you can just plug and play a 2.0 in a 1.8 chassis??

Thanks!! beerchug.gif
gregrobbins
Yep. It will fit fine. The fuel injection systems are different.
Beamer13
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Sep 15 2008, 12:55 AM) *

Yeah, I have the D-Jet for the 2.0... That engine is complete. My 1.8 needs a little work, so I thought that I would maybe put the 2.0 in the car so that I could maybe get some drivin in before it snows biggrin.gif So the wiring from car to engine is not different at all then?? Just lifter er in and hook er up and driving.gif
Cevan
I will be doing this swap this winter. It sounds very simple. Let me know what you think in the increase in power.
dbgriffith75
QUOTE(Beamer13 @ Sep 15 2008, 01:02 AM) *

Yeah, I have the D-Jet for the 2.0... That engine is complete. My 1.8 needs a little work, so I thought that I would maybe put the 2.0 in the car so that I could maybe get some drivin in before it snows biggrin.gif So the wiring from car to engine is not different at all then?? Just lifter er in and hook er up and driving.gif

QUOTE(Cevan @ Sep 15 2008, 07:41 AM) *

I will be doing this swap this winter. It sounds very simple. Let me know what you think in the increase in power.

Murphy's Laws:

-Nothing is as easy as it looks.
-Everything takes longer than you think.
-If anything can go wrong, it will.

For more information, see link below:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ltimate+Reality

Good Luck! biggrin.gif
johannes
Me think exhaust is different ...
r_towle
QUOTE(Beamer13 @ Sep 15 2008, 02:02 AM) *

the wiring to the relay board is the same...front of car to relay board.
The wiring from the relay board is different, and you will need two more relays and the two fuses for Djet.

The HE's and muffler come in sets.
So, HE's and muffler for a 1.8 will fit on a 2.0 motor...just have to keep the HE's and mufflers and brackets the same type.
Aside from that, its a weekend project so long as you dont get into a "while I am here" thing.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.